When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

We want an accurate Navitimer!

Fidestro

I know that threads like this really don't mean much to the factories, but I am going to post it because I know I am not alone in my thoughts. Lately the rep factories have been doing a bang up great job repping the latest and greatest Breitling releases. The Skyland, the Seawolf, the Super Avenger, etc.

But...

They forgot about the Navitimer! The current reps available were decent reps years ago, but can't hold a candle to what is available today. I think the factories should circle back around and make some Navitmer reps with quality up to par with the models mentioned above. It is asinine when you think of all of the 7750 reps that have been released lately but we DO NOT have a good Navitimer.

What do you think?

There will unfortunately always be a sunken date wheel on the Navitimer though which I think would spoil a great replication. I'd love to see a good replica of the older Fighters Edition though!

They would not have a sunken datewheel on the 12-9-6 Navitimer configuration.

totally agree, that is the missing watch in my collection...already thought of bying the gen but the watch will not have so much wrist time since it is only 42 mm

@ b12a2, that is an easy mod to raise it up

They would not have a sunken datewheel on the 12-9-6 Navitimer configuration.

Yeh that's why I want the Fighters Edition as that's the one with the 12-9-6 configuration.....we can only pray :)

totally agree, that is the missing watch in my collection...already thought of bying the gen but the watch will not have so much wrist time since it is only 42 mm

@ b12a2, that is an easy mod to raise it up

I haven't seen any datewheel mods on the 7750 tri-compax as the gears prevent you from laying it on another datewheel?

EDIT - just seen Andreww's post, it would help if I read the whole thread before replying haha :bangin:

I know that threads like this really don't mean much to the factories, but I am going to post it because I know I am not alone in my thoughts. Lately the rep factories have been doing a bang up great job repping the latest and greatest Breitling releases. The Skyland, the Seawolf, the Super Avenger, etc.

But...

They forgot about the Navitimer! The current reps available were decent reps years ago, but can't hold a candle to what is available today. I think the factories should circle back around and make some Navitmer reps with quality up to par with the models mentioned above. It is asinine when you think of all of the 7750 reps that have been released lately but we DO NOT have a good Navitimer.

What do you think?

Yes, I'm waiting for an updatet version :p

I wonder if the sunken date window could be corrected with something like a Lemania Manual wind movement instead of the A7750. IIRC some Daytona reps feature these.

Heck, I would actually go for a NO-DATE like the old 806 or 81600. We really haven't seen any good vintage reps of Breitling either.

81600n2.jpg