When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Insert a Swiss 7750 to a Rolex Daytona

ArkoN

Hi everyone,

I^ve got a Rolex Daytona from Joshua, it looks very nice. But the Asia 7750(280k bph) is just crap, stops working after one hour after some Weeks. And I found it, thats "normal" for the Asia 7750. (timebomb....)

I opend it, oiled it with the correct oil, but the problem is still the same one.

I really like my Daytona, but I want it to work correctly, so my idea is to put in a "Swiss 7750". I saw dealers from this website that, sell these for 999$ the Rolex + Swiss 7750.

But I just want to buy the "swiss 7750" inserts, does anyone know, where I can get them? Is it hard to insert it by myself?

greetings ArkoN

The swiss 7750 doesn't have the second hand sub-dial spinning at the 6 o'clock position, it's built to spin at the 9 o'clock position (incorrect for your daytona); regardless of whether the movement is asian or swiss, it still has to be modified transfer the gears for seconds from 9 to 6. It's the extra gears that have been added to this (both the swiss and asian models offered) that turn this piece into a piece of shhit.

In other words, swiss or asian movement...makes zero difference. Essentially, do you want a $300 pile of garbage, or a $1,000 pile of garbage?

EDIT: If you want to look for it, there's a tutorial on here on how to add graphite powder to one of the gears (on the extra bridge plate added to transfer the seconds sub-dial from 9 to 6) in order to temporarily stave off the self-destruction of the watch, but with all due respect, if you didn't know how/why this particular movement was modified, one might assume you might not have the knowledge needed to tear apart, lube, and reassemble the movement yourself. The easiest solution is to either find someone to perform this mod for you--if you don't wish to attempt it yourself--or simply have one of our resident smiths disable the seconds at 6 subdial. You won't have a functioning second hand anymore, but your movement will last longer.

Edited by gioarmani

I opend it, oiled it with the correct oil, but the problem is still the same one.

Asian 7750's are not timebombs at all, they are very well built and reliable movements.

Did you completely take the movement apart, clean it, and then re-assemble and oil it?

If you didn't do this, your adding oil just made your problem worse...you can't oil any movement until it's clean and dry.

RG

Or check for the older versions of Daytona which had the seconds at 9. That movement is removable.

It is possible to completely service the one you have know, like The Zigmeister described above, probably it will work a lot better then. But the bad design of this modified movement remains, so no guarantees it will work for many years without a problem. service will cost you minimum 200usd.

'oiled it with correct oil' what 'correct' oil was that???

You could also send it back to the dealer, hoping after their repair it will work for a longer period.

Or the graphite treatment, but then you need to do that yourself. difficult if not familiar with movements.