When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Deep Sea

rann

Yesterday, I received a DSSM from Tony @ Asian 7750. It is supposed to be the V3 model, asian ETA movement.

Watch seems to work fine, and looks good. Only things that bother me are:

1. some minor scratches on bracelet (can rub out) and

2. THERE IS NO LUME!

I e-mailed Tony about this, no reply yet.

Anyone buy a watch from this guy and have a similar problem with the lume??

Thanks

Ron

I've never bought from someone called Tony at that website, although I have bought most of my watches from a dealer called Tony. If you cannot get a satisfactory response to your email, I would suggest sending the watch for a re-lume. :good:

A7750.com is relitivy new on the scene. He hangs out at RWG1.1 if you want to PM him there. He seems oke but there have been a cpl of problem buys but nothing that has not been sorted. Ask Allergy Doc how he went, I think he is sorting out the only big stuffup ATM. Any probs sorting it, I have his Ph #.

Col.

OK, Thanks.

And whom would you recommend for a re-lume job?

Anyone buy from this site? If so, I would like to hear about any problems.

Ron

I've never had a watch re-lumed, so I cannot speak from personal experience, but, going on popular opinion, Ziggy and Vacuum are the names most spoken of :) Ziggy is, without doubt, a Master of his craft, if you are lucky enough to be able to employ his services (he is very busy) Best of luck :)

UPDATE:

I e-mailed "Tony" about the lack of lume.... he said that all of his DSSD had lume and that I should expose it to light.

I did and last night, in total darkness, there was absolutely NO LUME. I e-mailed seller about this and still waiting for response.

Please note that the watch was advertised to have blue lume, and this was a relatively expensive rep, otherwise, I wouldn't care.

I really don't want to send it back to China. Do you think he would give me an allowance on next watch? Is this usually done in cases like this?

Ron

Edited by rann

what did you do?

you should place the watch directly under a lamp for about a minute

your watch is new. normal lighting would not charge the lume especially the new ones.

that's what happened when ireceived my dssd.

after doing that, normal lighting can now charge my lume easily

btw, my lume is blue on pearl and hands, bluish-green on markers

hope this helps

thanks

Edited by DaniM4

I bought 2 watches from Tony at asian7750.com. The first was an LV Sub. It arrived with the GMT bracelets with polished midlinks. I had an extra Noob bracelet so it looks right now. It's very "wokky" but runs like a champ.

The second was a DateJust that was supposed to be the same as one on Josh's site. It wasn't. The date fonts were bad--looked like 21J fonts. The movement was an ETA, as gen. as they come these days. I'm date font fussy so I sold the watch.

I won't buy any more watches from them.

If your watch is a V3 it should lume quite nicely.