When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help needed with Vacheron

Kiterpete

I just love this watch and have seen a few pictures here on RWG so the Vacheron Constantin Malte Chrono Lemania is on my list to buy and have been doing some research on different dealers offerings. I have always found a mostly small variant in prices for the watches in my collection but this time I am confused as to why there seems a large price difference on what 'appears' to be the same watch.

Rubys, who I have never dealt with, has this one for $199

http://www.nicereplica.com/pro_detail.php?ProId=174

Watcheden, who I have dealt with and thought was a 'budget' seller has this one for $285

http://www.watcheden.com/vacheron-constant...-11420-p-1.html

The straps are different, but that will probably be going in the garbage, but the watch it's self seems identical. I realize that neither, at this price point will be accurate gen wise but am I missing the obvious as to why there is such a price difference?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good to see you back in action Pete.

Here's RobbieG's one for the benchmark to shoot for (now owned by Adrenalin):

Malte34.jpg

RobbieG's

VC_Malte_King.jpg

From King

King also has the model with the silver numbers and silver chrono seconds...but Robbie's is the benchmark so I would shoot for that.

VC_Malte_Eden.jpg

Watcheden's...looks the same as Robbie's

VC_Malte_NR.jpg

Nice Replica

VC_Malte_Josh.jpg

Josh's - Looks the same too

I couldn't see any differences immediately other than making sure to get the right hand colour...but King sells them in different hand colours. I've seen one site say White Gold, and another SS...I'm not sure about that...

Yeah,

The subdials are way off. But honestly, it is my first 'go-to' dress watch. It is absolutely my favorite when I dress up. Honestly, it is so subtle that 99% of folks dont even know what they are looking at....

The biggest concern is just at Toad points out-- do you look /act/ carry yourself off to actually be wearing a $40K watch. Professionals, more believeable. College aged students, probably not.

But honestly, few people actualy know what Vascheron is...

Just my 2cents...

-K

• 4 weeks later...
Nice classy watch. Rep is not very accurate though. Sub-dial position is way off.

GEN:

vcmc.jpgMalte34.jpg

In my opinion spacing is rather insignificant.

Much more important for a watch of this category is if the rep has captured the spirit of the original. The refinement of the detailing makes this watch, and this can be very hard to catch on a photo.

In this case I notice that the picture of the gen makes no attempt to show all this. Probably to prevent replication....

watcheden has had this watch "on sale" a few times for near $200usd...

however, i'd also contact hont at hontwatch...send him the name and the robbieg picture (get RG's permission)...he has very good prices (usually slightly lower) and he does QC...he'll get the watch and send you pix before shipping...many folkds have recently used Hont when the Breitling blacksteel's price was reduced...i did...and couldn't be happier with him...great pricing, responsive, pix prior to shipping of the exact watch (he'll write your name on paper next to the pix, too) and quick EMS shipping...

my guess is that he will have this watch for $150-170ish usd..he's only charged me $20usd for EMS tracked shipping to US...

i agree with adren and mbj -- this watch captures the detail and stands on it's own merits...and for most us "common folk" no one will call you out -- other than to say it's a sharp looking watch...i have the VC Jubile 1755 and it get comments all the time...i don't have the malte chrono - yet - b/c i have an A.Lange&Sohne Flyback chrono lemania -- which is more "relaxed" than the malte...someday on the malte!...

good luck and if you get a good price from Hont, let us know...R