When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blackbird date advancement?

hackR

I just recently acquired a gorgeous Blackbird in a trade..this watch deserves a lot more attention - it's a great piece...

I'm trying to sort out if this watch has a date adjustment/advancement problem...when I pull out the stem/crown to the stop before the time adjustment last stop, the stem/crown just spins in both directions w/o advancing the date...there doesn't appear to be a working date advancement stop...however, when I set the time via the last stop going past midnight the date changes perfectly...all other functions work fine...so the only way I can change the date is by winding the time round-n-round-n-round; full 24 hour cycles...argh!...

Soooo, is the date adjustment/advancement on this watch broken?...any advice is welcome...

I realize i may need a full service...but am wondering if someone has experienced this or know what could be causing it...simple or complex "fix"...

Thanks...R

this is an easy, $10 fix (i can sense your sigh of relief already).

for the blackbird, when you have the crown out at the typical date-setting position (ie. the seconds hand at 3:00 should still be running), turn the crown towards you as opposed to away from you to change the date ;)

now where's my $10??!? :bangin:

deltatahoe

there is a definite stop before the last stop/time change position...turning the stem in EITHER direction does not advance the date...

i will fiddle with it a little more, but i posted this because i couldn't find a position for the date to advance...i have quite a few watches, and this one seems to not work as the others...so i was wondering if someone with a Bird has experienced the same problem and/or know...obviously, there's been mods to the a7750 for this date configuration...and am wondering if i have someone broken/disconnected or what...as i said, tho, the date advances fine at midnight and is actually very nicely spaced in the date windows...

any other ideas/advice?...

agree on the service, but am trying to avoid that...

looking for someone that might know or have experienced this problem...and whether this is a small or large issue...simple or complex fix...

i have read somewhere (i think it was a Lanikai post) that the a7750 date mechanism for this specific watch is custom and parts may be difficult or impossible to source...so if i may be staring at a part problem, i might not want to get it serviced...

the watch runs great otherwise...and really is a great looking piece...

this watch is a definite for anyone who likes Breitlings...as the brushed bracelet is great and this watch would look equally good on rubber or leather...

R-

I have the Blackbid replica and mine works perfectly. I was a bit concerned about the date modification, but date setting, date change and alignment of the numbers are very good. Great piece, too bad I do not wear it much.

Hope it works out for you!

I had this problem with 2 of my Blackbirds. Yes...

You don't need to service the whole movement. NOT needed. but you need to take a look underneath the dial, like The Zigmeister decribed in the post (see link by Rolexman).

If you can't do it yourself, just make a printout of the post and see a watch smith who can get the hands and dial off. It is a easy fix. Did not cost me more than 30usd.

cheers.

woo hoo!...

great...thanks, guys!...

this is what this forum is all about...i appreciate the teamwork...not just for your assistance, but moreover for The Zigmeister's tremendous support as well...

I don't have the tools to work this, so i'll take it to a watchsmith -- WITH a color print out of the The Zigmeister post...

@hooky --> was your problem/resolution the same as what Rolexman experienced?...

thanks, Rrolexman...i appreciate the direction and the assist...

re: the Blackbird...i love this watch...the bracelet is great...i love its look...nice dial/AR...probably a bit too blue'ish...actually makes the dial look mocha/dark gray...

R-

Yes, had similar problem, date setting did not work. Could spin the crown for hours without change it date. easy fix, but dial needs to go off to get it done.