When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

stupid question..how do i tell if i have a upo 45mm?

SPARKYMARKY

ordered a 45mm upo recently. got the watch looks great. but it doesnt look as big as i expected.

i know the 45mm version is suposed to have a 22m wide bracelet which mine has.

but which part do you measue for the 45mm? turning the watch over and measuring the entire width including the winder and its about 46mm????

I think the case size is minus the crown (winder).

ok well if i turn the watch over and put the tape measure just under the crown/winder so that its measuring the case completely from one end to the other without the crown/winder then its 45mm. i was wondering though whether its just the bezel thats supposed to 45mm????? obviously this is a bit smaller than the whole case ? ahhh the bezel seems to measure 43mm ishh

ordered a 45mm upo recently. got the watch looks great. but it doesnt look as big as i expected.

i know the 45mm version is suposed to have a 22m wide bracelet which mine has.

but which part do you measue for the 45mm? turning the watch over and measuring the entire width including the winder and its about 46mm????

Post a picture of it.

I have just measured my Planet Ocean which is a 45mm, and to the outside of the bezel it is also approx 43mm. I think on the PO's they measure it to the casing rather than the bezel, therefore the integrated crown guards make up the extra 1.5-2mm of the measurement.

right some pics. only have a camera phone so these are the best i can get- closeups just fuzz out.

i think the watch looks bigger in the pics than in real life- the watch just doesnt feel that big to me like others say it is.

click on the pics, then again until you get the magnifying glass and they should be a bit bigger then...hopefully

watch8i.th.jpg

watch7z.th.jpg

watch0.th.jpg

watch1d.th.jpg

watch2p.th.jpg

watch3q.th.jpg

watch4v.th.jpg

watch6.th.jpg

Edited by SPARKYMARKY

hahaha the toilet pic is a crack up :D

...or is that crack down?

As to size...looked a lot smaller than 45mm...OOOOH...you were talking about the watch...

:D:D:D

Yeah...some say measure the CASE from 10-4 only to avoid confusion of including the crown guards in the measurement...but you want to make sure not to include the lug horns either. You can measure from 9-3 too...just don't include the crown guards or the crown (winding thing).