When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dilema with buying Gen

e6rnd

I've seen 2 Gen omega watches. both have papers both bought in 05

1. automatic SMP blue full size. good condition

2. quartz SMP black Full size good condition

Is it worth getting the auto for the extra?

watches look perfect but bracelets could do with a polish

Oh!

Yes! Go for the Automatic! They are alive and have to be kept on your hand. Other vice they "die"!

Automatic watches will keep the 2nd-hand value much better and they will be easier to sell!

Be sure that the papers etc are correct. Box etc should follow. Again for the value if/when you sell.

(It seems like no one will advice you to go for the quartz. The price for the automatic is good!)

I think the only thing that might tempt me in the way of the black version (which would be the 2264 if it's quartz) would be that it has been discontinued. However, the 2254 (auto) version does crop up frequently, and again, this is what I would go for. Even if I had the option between a 2531 (blue) and 2254 (black) auto, the 2531 would win everytime (for me personally) There is something about the blue SMP....it's really really nice in the flesh!

I have a strong sense that this forum is prone to bias towards mechanical movements. Quartz movements are exceptionally good at keeping time, but I suppose so would the gen Auto, especially from Omega. I'd personally go for the one that makes you think yes, I made the right choice.

With watches it's pretty much the same as with everything else, listen to your heart and not your brain. If your heart says the auto is for you then get it.

So Its here. Sorry im not very good at taking photos and have a very old camera.

Unpacking...

000_0619.jpg

000_0620.jpg

000_0621.jpg

000_0622.jpg

000_0624.jpg

000_0625.jpg

000_0614.jpg

the pics have not come out that well but im so pleased with it. the dial is amazing. the lume is out of this world. planet ocean next..

Such a nice watch, congrats! Everytime I see one of these I really miss mine. It looks to be in great condition!

Personally I think this is the best Omega out there bar none. Ok it's nothing revolutionary in mechanics or design, but what it has accomplished in terms of becoming an icon is just unrivalled by any other watch. As a divers watch and an everyday wearer, nothing comes close!

The bracelet is perhaps the best designed bracelet of any watch I have seen, and it is just so versatile as a whole.

Did I mention I love this watch...... :D

Guest carlsbadrolex

I would argue that you have purchased the perfect representation of the Omega line. Some feel that the complication of the Speedy line puts it at the top...

I feel that the simplicity, yet usefulness of the watch you purchased puts it at the top.

Congratulations, and as others have already said... "Wear it in good health!"

T