When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 24a almost complete

Sylar

About 1.5 yeras ago I frist saw pam-addictions 24a and immediately fell in love with the watch. At this point they were not readily available so I started on my quest. I picked one up but was not happy with it at all. I could do all the mods on it, like vintage tritium looking lume, lelo, fix CG, repolish, etc but at that point I was not into modding. I just wanted it done. I sold the rep I had and I had been in talks with a friend about getting gen parts. On February of last yeat I got a gen dial and hands for the 24a along with a gen dial and hands for an 87a. I also picked up a complete 87 so the dial/hands transplant for the 87 was a breeze and my sub craving was sattisified with the 87a.

So now I had the A series dial and hands for the 24 and the quest for the rest of the parts begun. I was in no hurry to build it since I had the 87 to quest my craving so the process was slow. In August I got wind of a gen 24a caseset that was avialable, unfortnalty soemone else already had dibs on it so the phone calls begun. There was a slight problem with the threads on the case so the original buyer sent it back and I jumped at the opportunity to buy it. I had to give up one of my favorite watches in a partial trade but it was well worth it. I got the threads on the case fixed by one of my watchsmiths here in town and now I was in full gear to get the rest of the parts.

Through some trades and sales I picked up a gen A series CG and a Gen crown for it and my good friend VDB had shadow caseback for the submersibles. I had him brush the numbers off it and engrave my name on the caseback. I also got an A series coramid strap and currently waiting on a brown TC shark strap for it. I picked up a eta movement and it was all left at VDB workshop when I was there in January so he could assemble it for me. I also got a black lelo DW but I forgot to leave it there so the pics will show a white DW on it. It will be installed upon pickup in two weeks.

Today I received pics of the watch built so I will let the pics do the rest of the talking.

Many many thanks to those that helped me get the parts and end up with such a great watch. I will be looking forward to taking delivery of this one in Erfurt on the 23rd of this month, along with some other VDB vintages.

IP6N4101.jpg

IP6N4103.jpg

IP6N4106.jpg

IP6N4100.jpg