When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

need advice on this 029?

prince458

i have never used my "who has the best sub? GMT? or best out of the box rep? card till now.

i am considering adding to my PAMILY a 44mm GMT. i do not want one with chronos. i like the 029 for its looks and the tuxedo dial.

i torn between the "swiss" 2836-2 on Trusty's site

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...;products_id=80

or the this one from Josh

http://www.jpc8118.com/pn02901-swiss-28362...onal-p-404.html

both dealers are highly recommended and have good feedback. just getting into this brand of watch.

thanks all in advance ...

P - 458

:huh: ...the two links you have posted show the SAME watch in all the specs...and AFAIK this is the best version available at the moment from the dealers...the only better version is the OLD 029 with the ETA2893-2 movement which is SOLD OUT for quiet some time...you can find it tough on the 2nd hand market from time to time but expect to pay a premium on that one (1000+$)...

I had the asian 21j version from Josh (I sold it) and it was one of the best reps for the money that I paid...and one of the most accurate reps I ever had....now I have the 2893 version and it is a beauty...it has all the feel of the genuine pice (it has the same mvt!!!)

Those look like the same watch to me and knowing how close Josh and Andrew are, I expect they both get that watch from the same place.

Personally I wouldn't buy from either of those two, so I'm no help with choosing a dealer.

why is that peep? personal preference or just bad overall experience with J n A?

and yes the 29 on J n A seems to be the exact same watch

thanks for the input :)

:huh: ...the two links you have posted show the SAME watch in all the specs...and AFAIK this is the best version available at the moment from the dealers...the only better version is the OLD 029 with the ETA2893-2 movement which is SOLD OUT for quiet some time...you can find it tough on the 2nd hand market from time to time but expect to pay a premium on that one (1000+$)...

I had the asian 21j version from Josh (I sold it) and it was one of the best reps for the money that I paid...and one of the most accurate reps I ever had....now I have the 2893 version and it is a beauty...it has all the feel of the genuine pice (it has the same mvt!!!)

i like this price point and have a personal rule when buying reps ... nothing over $400. thanks for the input - probably going to go with trusty :)

Agree with the above ...same watch ...just different dealers

Personally had no dealing with Andrew and no issues with Josh .....Puretime could also supply this watch as could a few other dealers if you ask the question.

just remember that the 2836-2 is not a GMT movement and the way this is modified to work as a GMT is pretty shoddy to say the least.

Notorious failure rate as the additional GMT gear can sieze rendering it useless.

An ETA 2893-2 can be sourced for about $400 and transplanted however from personal experience this is not a guaranteed easy swap either!

FGD

ok fellow paneristis i pulled the trigger on a "trusty" 029 but from a member on another forum and it is running spot on. thanks to all who shared their opinions with me on this thread.

here are some pics ...

pam02914.jpg

pam02920.jpg

i chose this route primarily because the seller was in CONUS, had it serviced and water checked which is a BIG BIG plus on the sale, because i believe a sport watch should be able to with stand getting wet, swimming, showering, doing dishes, washing the car etc. the price was as good a "trusty's" but i did not have to shell out the additional $$$ for a watchsmith to QC / service and waterproof the watch.

i do like the rubber strap but i am thinking to switch it out for maybe waterproof nato leather or black kevlar.

overall i am very happy with it! :)