When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

X-Men Origin - Wolverine

Samurai

Saw the working copy of the movie just now (DVD quality). Super duper stuff....very well made movie and a strong story line.

Its a working print...so in a few of scenes you get to see the actors with straps/restriaints attached to their backs and also some of the scenes (the animated ones) are not fully rendered yet....so you get to see bare animation....all of this will be fixed in the final release though.

Should be a big hit when it gets released a couple of weeks later.

I'm really looking forwards to seeing this movie :) I've read that Hugh Jackman was very upset that the working version has been released, as people aren't seeing it in it's fully completed form, and he said that it would be like seeing a Ferrari without a paint job...

Saw the working copy of the movie just now (DVD quality). Super duper stuff....very well made movie and a strong story line.

Its a working print...so in a few of scenes you get to see the actors with straps/restriaints attached to their backs and also some of the scenes (the animated ones) are not fully rendered yet....so you get to see bare animation....all of this will be fixed in the final release though.

Should be a big hit when it gets released a couple of weeks later.

Sweeet, cant wait for this to hit the cinemas, I dont read the comic books etc, but these films I always find awesome, even if g33ks complain that they dont foolow story etc lol, the trailer just shows its going to be a kick ass film!

I agree, the movie was excellent. At first I thought it was a little hokey towards the beginning as it went through........ but now that I think of it, doing the scenes like that is reminiscent of how a comic book would have done it, sort of. Working print is cool, like watching a "behind the scenes" or "the making of" part of the DVD release. There was one part towards the end that was totally unexpected, a nice twist, which must have been very well done because I almost always anticipate these things. Oh yeah, that part in the middle really tore out my heart, and really makes you want to hate the bad guys! :angry2:

I'm really looking forwards to seeing this movie :) I've read that Hugh Jackman was very upset that the working version has been released, as people aren't seeing it in it's fully completed form, and he said that it would be like seeing a Ferrari without a paint job...

I can see his point, but I think that the buzz from people who have seen it will help box office sales. I hate reading reviews from "professionals" hopefully the comments from amateurs like myself will encourage others to see it on the big screen. :)

I can see his point, but I think that the buzz from people who have seen it will help box office sales. I hate reading reviews from "professionals" hopefully the comments from amateurs like myself will encourage others to see it on the big screen. :)

I have to admit, I wouldn't be so sure... In a way, I can see how it should encourage people to go and see it on the big screen, the same as someone buying a rep, then getting the gen, or, downloading a track, and then buying that artist's CDs, however, sometimes, people don't actually like going to the cinema, and prefer to watch a movie at home (for various reasons) so for folks like that, they are the same 'lost revenue' that gen manufacturers like to claim as being lost, when in fact, they would never have actually brought the gen watch, or, in this case, go to the cinema ;) That said, I can see the point of the artists. I was reading John Barrowman's autobiography, and at one point, he says about how angry it makes theatre actors to be photographed on stage during a performance, and likened it to someone stealing sweets from the supermarket during a regular shopping trip: They paid for 'the majority' of the goods, but it doesn't entitle them to take a few freebies as well... I'd never considered that opinion before, but it certainly makes sense, and, from the comments which Hugh Jackman made, I can understand his disappointment, not so much for the loss of revenue, but simply because the film would not be seen in it's best possible light.

Now, that's not to say that I never watch pirated DVD :whistling:, but I can appreciate what he was meaning :)

its annoying how this editor's cut got leaked

its everywhere and i still refuse to watch it untill it hits the theaters

hugh jackman is one of my favourite actors, he fits into the role perfectly, nobody can do it better

im also waiting for Transformers 2 to come out, now thats gona be a blockbuster

Well I saw it with my wife and brother, and before I let them watch it I made them PROMISE me that they were going to pay for ticket in the theater...It was amazing and I agree it was cool to see it like that. Like building a comic book...

Wonderful! And Transformers 2 will be bomb too!!! Megatron Returns!!!