When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question about watcheden daytona

gioarmani

Does any one know if this model from watcheden has been modified to have seconds at six like the 7750s, or is this one configured to run naturally at 6 without movement modification? In short, what's the deal with it? Don't have any experience with this supplier.

pic.jpg

http://www.watcheden.com/rolex-daytona-chr...-12586-p-1.html

Does any one know if this model from watcheden has been modified to have seconds at six like the 7750s, or is this one configured to run naturally at 6 without movement modification? In short, what's the deal with it? Don't have any experience with this supplier.

pic.jpg

http://www.watcheden.com/rolex-daytona-chr...-12586-p-1.html

The answer is right there in the sales description: day/month/military time. '9' counts one through seven, '3' counts upto thirty one, and '6' does a 24 hour sweep. I've had one for a few years, and it's been good as gold, although I recently gave it to my wife. Another option might be the quartz movement, the quartz movement in my 187-wannabe ran seconds at six...

As for the dealer, I'd highly recommend them :) Best of luck :)

I read that too, but we all know how wrong the dealers descriptions can be of what they're selling.

According to Fredy333, this is a first generation seconds at 6 model with functioning seconds at 6 subdial, not a 24 hr clock:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Build-Perfect-116520-t67092.html

And the pictures clearly show a different position on the seconds in each pic:

pic-1-1.jpg

pic-2.jpg

pic-1.jpg

I have to admit, I didn't know that there was a new version of the movement which accomodated the seconds at six function, so that in itself is interesting to find out :) My one question about such a movement, would be if the 9 and 3 sub dials still performed the day/month functions, or if they were workng chrono dials... I have to admit, I'd personally be more tempted to go for the quartz option to get the full functionality, rather than just a 'cosmetic' option, which Is all a modified movement might be. I guess at the end of the day, it comes down to if you'd acultually need to use that function or not...

As for watcheden as dealers, I can only say that they are trusted dealers on RWI, and apprenticing here. I have bought the majority of my watches from them, and always had excellent transactions. The only reason I sourced my Yacht-Master from a different dealer, was because I could only afford to pay the canal st price, and watcheden were unable to price match, and to be fair to that dealer (who I will name publicly when I receive a GMT I ordered as a stag prize) I received exactly what I was promised, and in a shorter time than I expected :)

If you look at a picture of the quartz option, the subdials don't have proper spacing. Notice how the 3 & 9 subdials dont sit above the 3 & 9 hour markers like they should?

Quartz incorrect subdial spacing--

pic-4.jpg

Other, correct subdial spacing--

pic.jpg

It makes me wonder if the 6 oclock subdial on the movement would even line up with the other dial, nevermind having to disassemble to movement in order to remove the two gears for the 3 & 9 subdials. Too much work for a piece of crap.

I see what you mean about the subdial positioning, but I guess that's the payoff one must mentally balance: Do the flaws make the watch unwearable? Am I prepared to accept the flaws given the price, or do I pay more for a more accurate replication?

I've had my eye on the Ebel 1911 Discovery for a while now, but the Swiss option was an impossibility due to financial commitments, and when I looked atthe quartz version, the subdial spacing really bugged me, but, when someone posted a wristshot of the quartz version, it actually looked much nicer than the website photos, and is now a watch I might consider getting when my finances allow.

It really all comes down to the balance I mentioned above, and if one is prepared to accept certain flaws due to the price, or if it's worth paying the extra to eliminate those flaws... That's something someone can only answer for themself.

It's like with my Canal st Yacht-Master. I have not yet received one comment on the watch, so I can only believe people are operating on the principle of "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything.", and I totally accept that, as I know it's nothing special. Even my wife said it "looks like a Casio knockoff..." but, the important thing, is that I'm happy with it :) It's all a matter of personal preferences and requirements :)

• 2 weeks later...
If you look at a picture of the quartz option, the subdials don't have proper spacing. Notice how the 3 & 9 subdials dont sit above the 3 & 9 hour markers like they should?

Quartz incorrect subdial spacing--

pic-4.jpg

Other, correct subdial spacing--

pic.jpg

It makes me wonder if the 6 oclock subdial on the movement would even line up with the other dial, nevermind having to disassemble to movement in order to remove the two gears for the 3 & 9 subdials. Too much work for a piece of crap.

That is correct Gioarmani, The 21J and the Quartz don't have proper dial spacing only the ones with the unreliable Asian chrono time bomb.

I got 2 Quartz from Watcheden a few months ago and they have a Miyota OS20 Chrono in them and they work Great! they have sec @ 6 and chrono that works!

they're much better than the 21J on your post :fishing1: