When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Portuguese Chronograph arrived

yellomen

Hi guys,

The IWC Portuguese Chronograph with genuine IWC dial and hands has arrived. I want to thank Domenico for installing the parts. It took him some extra screws to close the caseback again, because the caseback was actually fixed with glue and the screws where dull. He also had to use some different gears for the center chrono hands, so all in all a good job from Domenico! Oh yeah... and the movement of course had a graphite treatment :)

The IWC 3714 is of early serial number, so i won't do an extra AR coating... this would be wrong for this watch. It has the old crown with fish logo. I also have an old genuine IWC box to make it complete :rolleyes:

Here are a few photos...

3714_03.jpg

3714_01.jpg

3714_02.jpg

Hi guys,

The IWC Portuguese Chronograph with genuine IWC dial and hands has arrived. I want to thank Domenico for installing the parts. It took him some extra screws to close the caseback again, because the caseback was actually fixed with glue and the screws where dull. He also had to use some different gears for the center chrono hands, so all in all a good job from Domenico! Oh yeah... and the movement of course had a graphite treatment :)

The IWC 3714 is of early serial number, so i won't do an extra AR coating... this would be wrong for this watch. It has the old crown with fish logo. I also have an old genuine IWC box to make it complete :rolleyes:

Here are a few photos...

3714_03.jpg

3714_01.jpg

3714_02.jpg

SO NICE!!!

Where did you get the gen dial???

That is beautiful. Why did the extra gears have to be installed for the chrono second hand? Is this because of gen hand compatibility?

x2 -- i'm curious about the same thing -- was it something about the genuine dial that needed extra gears, or was it the hand?

thanks in advance :victory:

deltatahoe

Thanx guys :)

@Concepta ... that's a secret B)

@Sander ... it's a Maurice LaCroix strap + deployant i had and this looked much better than the rep strap of course ;)

@Toadtorrent en Deltatahoe ... the genuine central seconds hand (for swiss 7750) doesn't fit the canon pin of the asian 7750, so this had to be changed. Apperently the small hands did fit.

@Toadtorrent en Deltatahoe ... the genuine central seconds hand (for swiss 7750) doesn't fit the canon pin of the asian 7750, so this had to be changed. Apperently the small hands did fit.

thanks F :victory:

i know you've been wishing for one of these for a long time -- enjoy your new watch ;)

deltatahoe

Nice one Yellomen, without a doubt that is the best 3714 replica (franken) I have ever seen.

Re - the AR, although the serial number on the caseback would suggest the watch comes with that crystal and crown, the actual dial is from the newer series which would have had AR. So I suppose it depends whether you want to match the AR with the serial number or the dial. Not many people would know either way, so it's defintely down to personal preference.

• 2 weeks later...