When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My wife

krustybrand

So my wife recently surveyed my hobbies/vices. It seems I have 4 guitars and various amplifiers, 6 bicycles worth more than her Mercedes, and various watches. Out of the blue she told me that I can add one genuine watch per year to my collection at no more than $5k per. I think I should start treating her better....

So my wife recently surveyed my hobbies/vices. It seems I have 4 guitars and various amplifiers, 6 bicycles worth more than her Mercedes, and various watches. Out of the blue she told me that I can add one genuine watch per year to my collection at no more than $5k per. I think I should start treating her better....

So what did you do to deserve the audit?

You could say that these hobbies keep you off the street-or worse

G'luck. she's on to you

Scott

So what did you do to deserve the audit?

She's about to write her CFA exam, so she had done a complete evaluation of my financial (mis)management over the years. She's 20yrs younger than me, and I had my mid-life crisis in my 30s, so I'm way behind my peers in absolute financial terms, but walked back into my old career after 7yrs absence with no loss of seniority or pay. I'm gawdawful with finances. I've always spent what I make.

She's about to write her CFA exam, so she had done a complete evaluation of my financial (mis)management over the years. She's 20yrs younger than me, and I had my mid-life crisis in my 30s, so I'm way behind my peers in absolute financial terms, but walked back into my old career after 7yrs absence with no loss of seniority or pay. I'm gawdawful with finances. I've always spent what I make.

Great stuff. I was going to say you're screwed...because she's going to be adding something to the stables at $10K per year. ;)

What kind of bikes are you riding? I'm the say way...bikes worth more than cars...and these days I'm walking to work and never get to ride even for commuting.