When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Longines chrono, classy watch for sure

ryaku

Today i was at a AD and i felt in love with this watch, dial is really amazing.

http://www.kingwatches.net/kingwatch-large...GINES-016-5.jpg

Too bad blue hands are not accurate at all as usual color is off and also numbers are different.

Moreover i wonder if complications can work fine.

There's also a black dial version:

http://www.kingwatches.net/kingwatch-large...GINES-014-3.jpg

Edited by ryaku

this gen watch was a holy grail of mine for a long time, i have it on the way in now, you can't judge hand color from dealer photos

9.jpg

josh's photos of the same watch look completely different blue hue.

either way, its an awesome watch for an amazing price, and dammit, i'm getting it.

only thing i can't decide is if it needs a leather strap

.....josh's photos of the same watch look completely different blue hue...... only thing i can't decide is if it needs a leather strap

I would defintely go for the dark brown leather strap as I think this suits a classy watch best.

I'm wondering though if the arabic numbers are black or blue. They are supposed to be black. Also the moonphase should be darker blue than the hands.

Very curious to pics of your rep when it has arrived!

post-4081-1240131290_thumb.jpg

I would defintely go for the dark brown leather strap as I think this suits a classy watch best.

I'm wondering though if the arabic numbers are black or blue. They are supposed to be black. Also the moonphase should be darker blue than the hands.

Very curious to pics of your rep when it has arrived!

that watch was on cruise ships in the stores, for years, i drooled over it every time i saw it, was about once or twice a year. i always saw it in person with the strap.

my only issue right now is i don't have the dough for a HKtan strap, i might just wait a few months and see if he finances improve.

i have never seen the black roman numeral dial in person. so thats why i didn't jump on it.

plus logines has this textured dial, which you would totally lose in the black, just like my AP, you loose he fine details in black. except of course when you have chieftang AR, which i'm just waiting for it to be installed on the AP and will definatly get at somem point on this

i have never seen the black roman numeral dial in person. so thats why i didn't jump on it.

plus logines has this textured dial, which you would totally lose in the black

I used to own the regular Master chrono in white /w brown strap. Very sweeeet watch with great finish. The white dial really emphasizes the textured pattern, which I doubt will be the same on the black dial version.....

In the end I traded it for my Oris Big Crown, but I still regret it a bit some times. So I really hope the white dial rep has the correct color of hands and Arabic numbers.

post-4081-1240176586_thumb.jpg

post-4081-1240176653_thumb.jpg

I used to own the regular Master chrono in white /w brown strap. Very sweeeet watch with great finish. The white dial really emphasizes the textured pattern, which I doubt will be the same on the black dial version.....

In the end I traded it for my Oris Big Crown, but I still regret it a bit some times. So I really hope the white dial rep has the correct color of hands and Arabic numbers.

that watch looks AWESOME

I saw this model on a cruise 2 years ago selling for $1300.00 US with leather strap.

Since then the price has gone up, I wish I had bought it then.

i have never ever seen it that low, usually around 2700 Maybe 1700, but its hard to remember.

but 1300, i probably would have bought it right there.

got it, and if you like the gen you will like the rep, its become what we call standard for super reps, the bracelet is nice and smooth in how it lays, slightly sharp on the bottom corners but this isn't a pam so it doesn't hurt :)

here is an iphone photo,

phoband can you take some pics?

I'm curious to know your opinion about the dial.

Is it comparable to the genuine in quality?

How about the hands' color? is the blue too light ora wrong impression due to pics?

phoband can you take some pics?

I'm curious to know your opinion about the dial.

Is it comparable to the genuine in quality?

How about the hands' color? is the blue too light ora wrong impression due to pics?

dial is fantastic, hands are fantastic

the numbers on the dial are 3d paint, so it buldges up a little giving 3d to the dial.

the numbers are reflective, which is good

the blued hands are very reflective, almost mirror reflective at certain angles. So its very very difficult to capture the color of those hands they have to be seen.

general looking at the watch 2-3 feet away, the hands look dark blue from most angles.

this watch was done very very well. the subdials have either SS or some sort of reflective ring. I have coveted this gen for at least 5-6 yrs.

i would recommend this watch 100% to any longines fan and for the $$ i'm not sure how you could beat it.

i'll get some photos, but, i'm wiped out right now. i would say BOTH josh's photos and king's photos are correct, it just depends on the angle if you catch that reflective angle the hands reflect the blue and it looks light blue that is only at a very small angle. 90% of angles they are dark blue

again, look at the collection in my sig - :) i have all top watches, maybe not 100% correct, but the watches are awesome. :) this one will be in regular rotation.

also, i got a concord c1 in for a friend- VERY nice and the AR is unreal, cheiftang quality. i didn't like the gen. but i liked the rep :)

i saw the pictures, and i think it is a really great watches, but when i saw on the official site of longines, i notice that the back rotor and movement is different, it did'nt have coates de geneve, and i think its a shame, if the back is correct o think it will make the candidate for the best super rep <_<