When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which PAM is homaged by Marina Militaire

totalwise

I saw this watch worn by cougaree, pm'd him where he got his watch from he gave me the source but it was a MM gen, costing around $1000

Slightly above my price bracket.

But I really like that watch, in fact the watch is better looking than most of the PAM (if not all) I've seen.

I think what sets this watch apart from the others is the bulky looking construction and the raised glass window

I was wondering do you know which PAM is replicated by this, and also is it possible to get this in an automatic movement?

DSCN2503.jpg

• 1 month later...

G'day totalwise,

Here's my hommage to the RXW, it has a russian movement inside. Originally acquired from River in 2006. Nice solid piece.

post-291-1244641832_thumb.jpg

post-291-1244641863_thumb.jpg

post-291-1244641903_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Bruno

I saw this watch worn by cougaree, pm'd him where he got his watch from he gave me the source but it was a MM gen, costing around $1000

But I really like that watch, in fact the watch is better looking than most of the PAM (if not all) I've seen.

I think what sets this watch apart from the others is the bulky looking construction and the raised glass window

I was wondering do you know which PAM is replicated by this, and also is it possible to get this in an automatic movement?

DSCN2503.jpg

that one do not look like a RXW MM20 to me.

CG is wrong, this one got gold hands, and the "Marina Militare" looks printed.

on the RXW MM" the CG have a sligt "V" shape inside, it have Silver hands, and the "Marina Militare" is lasercut into the faceplate.

but ofcourse he could have modified the MM20

here is the MM20 i bought from Ken traiding

post-2129-1244660088_thumb.jpg

DSCN2503.jpg

Hi! I am planning to order a nice 44mm Pam homage from Marina Militare (jacksontse.com), or from GetatWatch (www.siswatch727.com).

Can someone show me a wristshot about a PAM with rubber strap? I have only seen submersible style watch with rubber strap.

Do U have any experience withe leather strap from these dealers? I'am afraid of the so called genuine leather strap comes with the watch is actually genuine plastic. So a black rubber strap would be a better choose, and later a real leather from a third party dealer.

thx

Edited by Stukov

I owned two Genuine Ken's Trading RXW MM 20's . One with a Plastic crystal and one with Sapphire. I still get sick about selling the Sapphire RXW to one of our very own brothers here. All these RXW knockoffs are about as close to the genuine RXW as most of the Fiddy's are to a genuine Panerai 1950. (Not Very)

All the Reps, even the nicest one from Josh, has an incorrect CG and Crown. Also if the crystal is sapphire on these reps it is also all wrong. The genuine RXW sapphire was prettier than a Panerai Sapphire (Domed in the middle and Flat on the outside) with nice real AR (Not crappy blue film)

The Connoly Strap may be the nicest 26mm hide ever mass produced for a watch. Connoly was the leather maker for the British Royal Family and regarded as the finest leather maker in all of England. There is NO mistaking the Connolly leather strap. Not even the Mario Paci's I own come close to the suppleness and construction of the strap.

The Wooden box was a Ford Fame Box, one of the most ellegant jewelry box makers in the world. Every bit as nice if not nicer than the Genuine Pam Pearwood Boxes. and it also came with a nice set of Bergeron screwdrivers as well

All in all a first class presentation and worth every bit of the $1200-2000.00 they went for when available

There are alot of fakes on ebay. From time to time members here or on RG will send me a link to check an "RXW"'s authenticity. For those with Sapphire crystals on a supposed Connoly Strap it is easy. For the Mineral Crystal versions on the other black waterproof strap that came with the original RXW's it is a bit harder

Here's a pic of my old Mineral Crystal Gen RXW on a Bob Strap (the Connolly is on the side, the black waterproof calf in the front) Sorry deleted most of my RXW pics when I sold the watches.

Point is buyer beware. I have not seen a genuine Ken's Trading RXW for sale in almost a year a watch worth $1500 or more! Most are $200.00 (at Most) marina Militare's. Some are very nice and very moddable watches

rxw3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Is Marina Militaire a Genuine brand?

I had assumed it was a 'made up name' after all these Marina Militaire watches are being sold openly by Jackson and GetaWatch company, as homage watches to Panerai.

Anyone elaborate on all this?

Hi! I am planning to order a nice 44mm Pam homage from Marina Militare (jacksontse.com), or from GetatWatch (www.siswatch727.com).

Can someone show me a wristshot about a PAM with rubber strap? I have only seen submersible style watch with rubber strap.

Do U have any experience withe leather strap from these dealers? I'am afraid of the so called genuine leather strap comes with the watch is actually genuine plastic. So a black rubber strap would be a better choose, and later a real leather from a third party dealer.

thx