When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine Panerai 000 - Avitt DLC project

LegendofSpeed

Well... I've always wanted a PVD Panerai.. at one point, I had 3 replica PVD projects going but then I go to the point where I decided to go the genuine route...

I purchased this 000 for a very good price with the help of one of the SoCal family... thank you by the way, and you know who you are... and then sought out one of the other SoCal family members, avitt, to do the DLC work... avitt has done numerous pieces and I loved the quality of the finished projects..

Now, taking apart a genuine watch to DLC is a crazy idea I will admit... but I have watched avitt work on a watch and trust him implicitly...

It took a few weeks but I finally got the call that it was done... my custom made Ted Su baby bones honey croc strap was delivered the same day I got the 000 back... I love this combination and have been enjoying it ever since..

Here's some pics...

IMG_3582Medium.jpg

IMG_3583Medium.jpg

IMG_3586Medium.jpg

IMG_3587Medium.jpg

IMG_3588Medium.jpg

it's a gen though.... it would be odd for it to have double AR...

um, well first of all, its gen so your not trying to make it look like anything

and double AR makes EVERYTHING look better. who cares if the company that makes the watch is to stupid to put double AR on it.

i don't know if you have ever had chieftang AR, but you won't stop staring at its marvel.

i got my rubberclad Double AR'd, looks 10 times better.

whats with the jagged looking crownguard finish in the first pic. Just go's to show, gen or not perfection is a myth. This one is REALLY close as a watch in general. :wub:

It's lint actually.... always collects right there for some reason... first time it happened, i freaked... but now i don't even think about it...

um, well first of all, its gen so your not trying to make it look like anything

and double AR makes EVERYTHING look better.

Well, of course it does.... but it's just not the effect for this watch i want... i had a 7753 powered 188 done by chief and it was amazing... but i just don't want to for this piece...

It's lint actually.... always collects right there for some reason... first time it happened, i freaked... but now i don't even think about it...

very good, otherwise that would've marred my opinion of Panerai a bit.

Again L, enjoy that beauty.

Looks awesome! I don't think it was crazy at all. I see these PVD/DLC PAMs on the gen forums from time to time. I think the most important thing in a project like this is to do it for a watch you want to keep. I lot of time and money goes into modding these, but most I've seen sell secondhand are usually the same or less than a non-modded watch. I think it looks stunning and very military like. Probably looks great with everything from a dirty tshirt to a nice black suit.

Guest avitt
Sweet looking watch.......... Avitt must have balls of steel to take a gen apart

LOL...DLC coated balls of steel! ;)

I actually took a few photos of the process I went through with LOS's watch. I'll clean them up, and start another thread, so you can see what happens to your watch when it comes in for DLC coating...