When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 318 New Launch May 2009

rolli

Details of the PAM318 watch:

* PAM5 style dial

* Brooklyn Bridge engraved on back

* Black dial

* Polished case

* 44mm Luminor (not 1950 Luminor)

* Hand wound

* 150 units (L-Series)

* Black strap

* Estimated retail price 2,900 Euros. US $4400.

* Movement is OPXXIX

* Not a Boutique only watch but a regular special edition. Will be available at Beverly Hills & NY Boutiques as well as AD's

I think it's great - I like the nice detail on the caseback

But what's the connection, the significance?! For a marque that publicly prides itself so much on heritage, this is somewhat pathetic. It's more than a little cheesy when compared to the 'proper' Firenze LE's with the original Horologia Svizzera shop engraved on the caseback (not to mention the bespoke dials).

A lot of manufacturers used to make these market-specific models, and far from being collectable, on the resale market they're about as popular as red-haired stepchildren. Sorry but IMO this is yet another example of OP showing signs of 'jumping the shark'.

Perhaps a call-out to flippers since its a 150 pieces production SE. This will see the prices going through the roof once again.

Looks like this tactic in the region of 150 pieces work wonders... (see 203) unless the same story floats for 318, that there are 150 left over "Long Arrow" dials used on the G series of 005 where the first 80 dials were those used on the 195, will I seriously consider.

Inject a little originality at least on an SE than an artistic impression of an architecture on the caseback.....

<<<<< Some clarification on the new 318 from Sig. Bonati >>>>>

I am reading about the new watch Pam 318. In order to not create confusion, I want to tell you that this watch was created in order to honor the New York Boutique opening.

The movement is a little bit different than the other because of some components.

I remind you that we did something similar with Firenze. This watch is reserved for USA Boutiques.

Have fun

Angelo Bonati

________________________________________________________________________________

BRIDGE FACTS

The Brooklyn Bridge opened to great fanfare in May 1883.

The names of John Roebling, Washington Roebling, and Emily Warren Roebling are inscribed on the structure as its builders.

Construction began on January 3, 1870. The Brooklyn Bridge was completed thirteen years later and was opened for use on May 24, 1883.

The Brooklyn Bridge might not have been built had it not been for Emily Warren Roebling.

Most history books cite her father-in-law John Roebling and her husband Washington Roebling as the bridges builders.

Early into construction in 1872, however, collapsing bridge timbers crushed John Roeblings legs, leaving him incapacitated; he later died of an infection related to this injury and left his son, Washington Roebling in charge of the bridge.

However, not long after taking charge of the bridge, Washington Roebling suffered a paralyzing injury as well, the result of decompression sickness.

This condition plagued many of the underwater workers, in different capacities, as the condition was relatively unknown at the time and in fact was first called "caisson disease" by the project physician Dr. Andrew Smith.

With both men out of commission, Emily Warren Roebling took over.

Under her husbands guidance, Emily had studied higher mathematics, the calculations of catenary curves, the strengths of materials, bridge specifications, and the intricacies of cable construction.

She spent the next 11 years supervising the bridges construction.