When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken 111 on the way

TK471

Hey, guys. I wanted to post some pictures of my 111 franken. There are some before shots, as well, for comparison. The first few are taken with the LH in the watch, and the gen dial on the outside. Though the shots aren't crystal clear, you can see that the LH is pretty darn accurate. The main differences are the font color and the matte finishing on the dial -- the LH simply does not capture the gen in that department. Still, quite a replication. I will leave the price debate elsewhere, since I think there's a great thread on that already.

The final few pictures are with the gen parts in the watch, and some crown stem repair -- it was originally too long (done on purpose to address water resistance) and the stem was slipping when setting the time, something the watchmaker graciously repaired. He also rebrushed the V CG, and polished the center CG pin. I think the before and afters show what an amazing job he did.

Thank you to B for all your help with this one.

Enjoy!

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

Very cool TK. Nice comparison. Being that the LH is very close to gen...do you regret getting the gen dial :-) What case is that?

No regrets because, after all, gen is gen. I do agree, though, that the LH dial is very, very good. The PA is noticeable, but only if you really study it IMO.

I have big plans for this watch. When all said and done, my hope is that every single part is gen.

No regrets because, after all, gen is gen. I do agree, though, that the LH dial is very, very good. The PA is noticeable, but only if you really study it IMO.

I have big plans for this watch. When all said and done, my hope is that every single part is gen.

wow yes the total package with the gen dial is awesome. I just received the latest LH dial/hands today for my project. But yes you guys are right about the space between P and A on the LH dial...I did not catch this till recently.

nice built Z! now just tell us how/where u fish out those gen parts?

Exactly right, FGD. It's not about the cash. It's the thrill of the hunt, and the love of watches. It is just so much fun to see the whole package come together. Thanks for the kind words.