When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW 6263 dial question- which is better?

gplracer

I posted a few days ago that I got my new DW 6263. I want to know how the dial looks. This post has a much closer view of the dial. I know it is dirty. I am sending the watch to have it serviced, Gen tropic 21 installed, gen crown and aftermarket tube installed as well. The only other option would be a PN dial from DW. Actually I have one on the way but it is taking a long time due to the mail. I am anxious and would like to know from the DW experts out there if the likely hood is that this dial would be better and more accurate than the PN dial that is on the way. If that is the case I can make plans to go ahead and send this one off now. I have included a pic of my watch and then a pick of the type of DW PN dial that is on the way below. Thanks for your time!!!

silver-face.jpg

whitepndial.jpg

I would stick with the original dial & after fitting the parts you listed, the watch should look good enough to warrant a gen bracelet (optional, of course).

Agree with Freddy, the DW PN dials don't seem to have quite the quality that the regular dials have. It seems you have to step up a bit to get a better looking PN dial.

However, if you prefer the look of the PN dial, even if the printing isn't quite so good, you should go with the one you like better, no?

Hey B, isn't that a 6265? I thought the 6263 was the black plastic bezel and the 6265 was the silver metal bezel. Not that it's a big deal.

FWIW, I prefer the silver dials. Somehow the PN's just don't do it for me.

The assymetrical pushers look good. Which movement do you have in there? It's a good looking watch.

Hey B, isn't that a 6265? I thought the 6263 was the black plastic bezel and the 6265 was the silver metal bezel. Not that it's a big deal.

FWIW, I prefer the silver dials. Somehow the PN's just don't do it for me.

The assymetrical pushers look good. Which movement do you have in there? It's a good looking watch.

It is a 7750 with the rotor removed.

Thanks.

I was just reading about the 7750, Rolex 3135 and the ETA 2892-2A over on TZ. The reviewer thought pretty highly of the 7750 as far as being robust. Once you service an asian 7750, you should be good to go for the next 5 or so years.