When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

considering an attempt to modify the 7753 version of a7750

Sorry to rain on your parade, the only way to modify this movement is to make it the same design as the ETA 7753. And the only practical way to do this would be to purchase a ETA7753. Parts for ETA 7753's are not available, I have tried for years to get some...and I have worked on these movements for 4 years, there is no other solution...unless you have a watch parts factory at your disposal.

RG

Sorry to rain on your parade, the only way to modify this movement is to make it the same design as the ETA 7753. And the only practical way to do this would be to purchase a ETA7753. Parts for ETA 7753's are not available, I have tried for years to get some...and I have worked on these movements for 4 years, there is no other solution...unless you have a watch parts factory at your disposal.

RG

Thanks for noting my point about optimism. Given the photos provided by yodap of one of these mechanisms I'd say that it is really easy to do. I just need to get my hands on one of these so I can get this done.

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showim...,0&format=0

I hope you take all this back when I manage it :)

Thanks for noting my point about optimism. Given the photos provided by yodap of one of these mechanisms I'd say that it is really easy to do. I just need to get my hands on one of these so I can get this done.

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showim...,0&format=0

I hope you take all this back when I manage it :)

Yes, the solution seems easy. A friend of mine, about two months ago, gave to me the idea, quite similar to yours.

I am working on that just now. However, you need to modify some things. If you do not have a watchmaker lathe it is a very time consuming and difficult task. Tolerances are very tight.

I will post the results soon.

Francisco.

Edited by Francisco

Yes, the solution seems easy. A friend of mine, about two months ago, gave to me the idea, quite similar to yours.

I am working on that just now. However, you need to modify some things. If you do not have a watchmaker lathe it is a very time consuming and difficult task. Tolerances are very tight.

I will post the results soon.

Francisco.

Great news Francisco. It seems that you're the man for this sort of thing around here. Nice work. On a side note I noticed that your regulator mod appears to have vanished into thin air. Do you know what the deal is with this and could you repost it?

:)

It's always exciting to see people take up challenges like this and forage new ground in the rep world. Awesome.

I hope it works out for you guys...as it would open up a whole world of improved quality and modding potential around here.

Thanks Toadtorrent. Glad to see a great deal of enthusiasm for this idea. I think we're reaching critical mass :)

Great news Francisco. It seems that you're the man for this sort of thing around here. Nice work. On a side note I noticed that your regulator mod appears to have vanished into thin air. Do you know what the deal is with this and could you repost it?

:)

Yes, I do not why...some posts of mine in my secion have dissapeared... I will contact the Admin...

Francisco.