When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

T48 crowns nearly sold out - we need more?

t

Hi Guys

T48 crowns are nearly sold out. Only few are available.

My question to all members... did we need more crowns?

I could produce a new batch of T48 crowns. It would take 4 months to have them ready

i could produce them also for 0.9mm stem size

T48 - SS, Titanium, PVD - 1.2mm stem size

T48 - SS - 0.9mm stem size

or would we need 0.9mm stem size also in Titanium and PVD???? Or 0.9mm stem site in Steel only???

are the crowns good enough or we need a update????

please advise

Why deviate from the perfect recipe you've got?! I've got genuine OEM crowns that I can't distinguish from yours (other than the tube thickness) - IMHO, making it 2.1mm is pointless, in the same way that a 1.8mm crown is wrong, a 2.1mm crown is wrong! I've got a few ideas that could definetly benefit from some Ti / PVD T48's in the future!!

wrong or not wrong.

for me..... it doesn't matter....

the 2,1 mm palp crown looks very good and have a great feeling.

and for the overall view it has a better balance between the crown-guard and case.

that's why i would to plead in favour of the 2,1 mm t_48_crown.

rolli

Why deviate from the perfect recipe you've got?! I've got genuine OEM crowns that I can't distinguish from yours (other than the tube thickness) - IMHO, making it 2.1mm is pointless, in the same way that a 1.8mm crown is wrong, a 2.1mm crown is wrong! I've got a few ideas that could definetly benefit from some Ti / PVD T48's in the future!!

First - thanks T for making these and other projects - their success is surely measured by how well they've sold!!

The question of "which crown looks best" is one that has kept me hunched over the work-bench many long nights!!

I've compared the OEM on my 002-D , Marcus's 2.1mm "PALP" crowns and Tourby's T-48's countless times and have formed an opinion to put out there

I often found that a PALP 2.1mm looked more correct than a 2.0mm T-48 , with certain CG combinations especially so.

Depsite the 2.1mm thickness , PALP looked closer to the OEM (1.98mm) and this is mainly due the the high polish level and more angled / flat bevelled edge giving a thinner appearance than 2.1mm

The recess on the 2.0mm T-48 is perfect however, and proof is how it fits with an OEM CG lever or JF CG.

The overall finish and working operation of the T-48 is also superior to the PALP 2.1mm.

I believe that the T-48 2.0mm crown is the correct size but would reccomend some minor adjustments

1- Sharper / flater angle on the bevelled edges - to give slight effect of looking "thinner" than 2.0mm

2- Higher polish on the Stainless Steel version

Any other views out there?

Cheers

FGD

First - thanks T for making these and other projects - their success is surely measured by how well they've sold!!

The question of "which crown looks best" is one that has kept me hunched over the work-bench many long nights!!

I've compared the OEM on my 002-D , Marcus's 2.1mm "PALP" crowns and Tourby's T-48's countless times and have formed an opinion to put out there

I often found that a PALP 2.1mm looked more correct than a 2.0mm T-48 , with certain CG combinations especially so.

Depsite the 2.1mm thickness , PALP looked closer to the OEM (1.98mm) and this is mainly due the the high polish level and more angled / flat bevelled edge giving a thinner appearance than 2.1mm

The recess on the 2.0mm T-48 is perfect however, and proof is how it fits with an OEM CG lever or JF CG.

The overall finish and working operation of the T-48 is also superior to the PALP 2.1mm.

I believe that the T-48 2.0mm crown is the correct size but would reccomend some minor adjustments

1- Sharper / flater angle on the bevelled edges - to give slight effect of looking "thinner" than 2.0mm

2- Higher polish on the Stainless Steel version

Any other views out there?

Cheers

FGD

I completely agree with this assessment FGD. With these minor improvements the Gen 2 T-48 will be :1a:

Thanks for continuing to make and improve these T :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I completely agree with this assessment FGD. With these minor improvements the Gen 2 T-48 will be :1a:

Thanks for continuing to make and improve these T :thumbsupsmileyanim:

And I agree with what dluddy has agreed with FGD... :good:

Great appreciation goes to T for dedicating the time, effort & energy in producing these even though there were a couple of hiccups along the way... thanks T!

Oh, and what about producing the updated T48s with CGs too? ;) that'll be perfect!

So, if you are looking for input, I would suggest that we try and make them more genuine if possible. By this I mean - could we add spring action (some of the rep crowns have this and it makes be stick with them). Also, it would be cool if we could get that genuine washered look.

Hell - if you make the new ones like this - I bet many would be willing to pay for that upgrade.

Just my 2 cents.

0.9mm stem size is noticed

more polished???? Why???? Some people told me that the T48 looks to much polished and now the people ask for more polished???

CG???.... no problem... but i need a D3 drawings... nobody is willing to work on this <_<

0.9mm stem size is noticed

more polished???? Why???? Some people told me that the T48 looks to much polished and now the people ask for more polished???

CG???.... no problem... but i need a D3 drawings... nobody is willing to work on this <_<

If I had a gen CG in front of me, I'd give the CAD a go - I'm still learning Solid Edge, but something like a CG seems quite straight-forwards?!

I vote for adjusting the bevel edge to be less rounded... I've had a lot of Gen CGs and they vary greatly depending on the series etc. My favorites are always the ones with the lightest bevel... It makes the Crown appear thicker...

i think the polish procedure is made in connection with a galvanic bath.

micron-parts of the steel-crown will be degraded.

that's why the crown-teeth profile and bevel are rounded.

the palp cown is not polished by a galvanic process.

rolli

titanium and pvd are not polished and looks much better.

but.......all have a too much bevel.

i think in the crown-fabrication they cannot control the precision of the bevel.

that's a chinese manufacturer.

and the galvanic process makes all edges and the bevel extreme rounded.

that's a very big minus-point.

and another point is, the teeth are too pointed, better it would be a light flattening, not sharp-edged.

rolli