When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen. Omega SMP 2220.80.00 "Single Red Bond"

lazarini

Hello hello there RWG.

I got this today and wanted to make more decent pics of it when i came home... so here we go.

I must say this watch is magnificent and for the price of a super rep u cant go wrong u will not be dissapointed if u pick this up!

Here are the specs of it from the Omega site:

22208000specs-1.jpg

Watch comes packed in a nice package similar to the Rolex sub...

IMG_9587.jpg

IMG_9588.jpg

Sweet details on the box...

start.jpg

Lets open that now...

IMG_9593.jpg

IMG_9597.jpg

IMG_9600.jpg

Not bad at all my son ;)

IMG_9615.jpg

IMG_9603.jpg

IMG_9620.jpg

The case back... gorgeous if u ask me...

IMG_9605.jpg

The clasp...

IMG_9612.jpg

Under artificial light...

IMG_9635.jpg

IMG_9640.jpg

IMG_9641.jpg

On the wrist...

IMG_9625.jpg

IMG_9627.jpg

IMG_9633.jpg

Light from my laptop aperture setting at f2.8

new.jpg

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

Is it lumed?

IMG_9645.jpg

Questions? Feel free to ask :)

Kind regards Laz ;)

wow that looks amazing.....the bracelet looks in a different class all together.

thanks for sharing.

I had a rep smp chrono and yes bracelet on this one is a hole new ball game compared to that.

That is awesome man congratulations

Thank you kind sir!

Once again Laz: I'm very happy you are happy :D

Looks like we are all happy ;)

:wub:

yea same here m8 :wub:

Congrats Laz! That's a beaut right there. I'm still missing mine, even with PO that replaced it. IMHO, that bracelet on her is the MOST comfortable and stylish one I've ever had the pleasure of owning. Enjoy!

Thx man, agreed bracelet is a joy to wear really diggin it IMHO beats the oyster bracelet on my gen sub easy...

Laz

Aw man...I'm jealous! ;)

Nah don't be its still just a watch in the end ;)

Once again, congratulations on such a wonderful acquisition, laz! you must be pretty happy with it... ;)

And what an apt term you have coined for this beauty... The "Single Red Bond"...:good:

Thank you dear sir ;) so this puts me and u into the single red bond owners club no ? B)

Awesome watch there!

I wish gen dials with the red lettering were more readily available :(

Right i think this one are not so common on the second hand parts market since they are not that old then i think this will change down the road...

From one owner to another: Watch out- it'll become your favorite very quickly :)

Thx Shundi and yes i have a feeling this will get the lions share of wrist time... i planed to wear the UN today but cant seem to ply this of my wrist :rolleyes:

Laz

Some of the things i noticed and my initial impression of this piece:

PROS:

- A classic design loved by the masses with the "Bond" tied in the story makes this a "need to have" piece

- Nice looking wave pattern blue dial with RED Seamaster text that i like (personal preference) lovely sceletonized hands, the readability is top notch!

- Lume is very good i would say its same as on my gen 16610 but still no near the Nardin MMD that said watch is easy readable all through the night.

- Case size is perfect @ 41mm is not to big not to small wears just a tad bigger then my 16610 sub

- Detailed 60 minute scale on the bezel insert is a nice and useful touch, the sub has only detailed markers from 0-15min.

- Bracelet is a dream its butter soft and hugs the wrist really nice, its not to heavy and not to light

- Glass has a single AR coating on the inside it helps with glare considerably compared to 16610 but is not near the double AR on my Nardin or the Chief double AR...

- Caliber 2500 with new Co-Axial escapement and free sprung balance make this piece a high end one from the technology standpoint... the new updated caliber promises longer service intervals and better precision also the warranty from Omega on this calibers is longer... i have wore the watch for 24h and it ran -1/2 sec in 24h interval.

- High value for the money u pay... lets face it these can be had for a price of a Frankenstein well worth IMHO.

CONS:

- Personally im not to found of the pin system bracelet since i have no tool for it it requires a visit to the watchmaker, they added a link to mine yesterday (5 min job with right tools) still i would prefer s screw sistem here for @ home adjustments.

- Single sided AR, this one is a bit of con/pro really.... the Con here is the single sided AR will not give u the (no glass) look the Pro would be it will get rid of some of the glare allowing better readability of the dial but also since the AR is under the glass the watch is more rugged and u will not be worried striping it from ure glass if u bump ure watch somewhere.

- The bezel shape is not so great due to the how it is ATM it tends to be a pain to rotate if u have slippery fingers and compromised grip. I realized u can get a better grip if u hold the bezel a bit different still a coined edged bezel would be better (they learned their lesson and put that on the PO do) this is not a deal breaker but i thought i shod mention that.

That said the construction and clicking feels really solid so no problems there.

Please keep in mind this are my personal observations and urse my vary depending on what u look for. All in all this is a spectacular time piece that i have no problem to recommend to anyone.

Hope this sheds some light if u have any questions feel free to ask.

Kind regards Laz :hi:

very nice -

i hope to see your growing collection next week mister Bond !

cheers,

Frank

Thank you mister F :)

U will be able to examine what i have next weekend:

Gens: Rolex Submariner , Explorer II White, UN Maxi Marine Diver, Omega SMP 2220.8000 (the watch in question)

Reps: Bretling BCE, this one will be subjected to Lello DW installation and dial/hands relume by Mr. Taka :)

Looking forward to see u again my dear friend.

Cheers Laz

Thank you dear sir ;) so this puts me and u into the single red bond owners club no ? B)

Laz

Yes my friend... We sure are in The Club... ;)

Some of the things i noticed and my initial impression of this piece:

PROS:

- A classic design loved by the masses with the "Bond" tied in the story makes this a "need to have" piece

- Nice looking wave pattern blue dial with RED Seamaster text that i like (personal preference) lovely sceletonized hands, the readability is top notch!

- Lume is very good i would say its same as on my gen 16610 but still no near the Nardin MMD that said watch is easy readable all through the night.

- Case size is perfect @ 41mm is not to big not to small wears just a tad bigger then my 16610 sub

- Detailed 60 minute scale on the bezel insert is a nice and useful touch, the sub has only detailed markers from 0-15min.

- Bracelet is a dream its butter soft and hugs the wrist really nice, its not to heavy and not to light

- Glass has a single AR coating on the inside it helps with glare considerably compared to 16610 but is not near the double AR on my Nardin or the Chief double AR...

- Caliber 2500 with new Co-Axial escapement and free sprung balance make this piece a high end one from the technology standpoint... the new updated caliber promises longer service intervals and better precision also the warranty from Omega on this calibers is longer... i have wore the watch for 24h and it ran -1/2 sec in 24h interval.

- High value for the money u pay... lets face it these can be had for a price of a Frankenstein well worth IMHO.

CONS:

- Personally im not to found of the pin system bracelet since i have no tool for it it requires a visit to the watchmaker, they added a link to mine yesterday (5 min job with right tools) still i would prefer s screw sistem here for @ home adjustments.

- Single sided AR, this one is a bit of con/pro really.... the Con here is the single sided AR will not give u the (no glass) look the Pro would be it will get rid of some of the glare allowing better readability of the dial but also since the AR is under the glass the watch is more rugged and u will not be worried striping it from ure glass if u bump ure watch somewhere.

- The bezel shape is not so great due to the how it is ATM it tends to be a pain to rotate if u have slippery fingers and compromised grip. I realized u can get a better grip if u hold the bezel a bit different still a coined edged bezel would be better (they learned their lesson and put that on the PO do) this is not a deal breaker but i thought i shod mention that.

That said the construction and clicking feels really solid so no problems there.

Please keep in mind this are my personal observations and urse my vary depending on what u look for. All in all this is a spectacular time piece that i have no problem to recommend to anyone.

Hope this sheds some light if u have any questions feel free to ask.

Kind regards Laz :hi:

...I completely agree with your observations above! And I couldn't describe the Single Red Bond better than you did! Amazing pictorial too! :good:

I have same but black dial.

I must say that I liked previous versions better. I dont like the new omega logo inside the dial. In some lights u actually do NOT see which brand it is.

I must say that on the previous logo, u always saw the white omega logo......but thats just me....

AND I must say that I regret for not buying the blue dial as u did.....Its stunning

wear it well