When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Upgrading Narikaa 42mm PO

Anakin14

I'm thinking of upgrading my new Narikaa 42mm PO with an ETA 2824-2 movement and gen hands. Eventually, I would like to upgrade to a gen dial, but that's too expensive for now.

Anyway, this watch came with DG 2813 movement (which is actually a good movement). Does anyone know if I can swap the date wheel from this movement to the 2824-2? If not, any ideas where I can find a gen date wheel that will fit the 2824-2? I looked on Otto's website but I can't find a date wheel for a PO.

BTW, for under $100 USD, Narikaa's PO can't be beat!!!

I have one as well and the value is fantastic. My dial is a little off center and the date isn't that bold. Can:

1. A gen or rep dial be swapped?

2. If no, can the markers be moved? Is the cost worth it?

3. A date wheel be swapped? Do they sell a rep date wheel that is bolder than what came with the original?

You may be right. Perhaps I'll keep this as a daily beater and someday go with an UPO. We'll see......

I did order Narikaa's rubber strap, though.

BTW, what is "sead territory"?

Edited by Anakin14

• 2 weeks later...

I did a little research, tell me if I'm correct.

If I want to upgrade this watch I'll need to get:

1. A 2824-2 movement.

2. A white on black date wheel that would fit that movement.

3. A gen dial, cause the POrikaa dial has a wrong placed date hole.

Am I right, or am I missing something?

You're missing a lot!

Hands

Stem

Crown

Tube

Right movement spacer (impossible to get so you probably have to make it yourself)

And in the end you will still have a majorly flawed PO.....

You should better do some more reading and learning before starting such a project ;)

After doing more research myself, if one wants to upgrade movement to gen ETA, it is best to start off with a rep with a cheap ETA clone. That way, since the gen movement will be the same size, the old components will still fit (dial, hands, etc.). You can then replace them with gen components one at a time if desired.

After doing more research myself, if one wants to upgrade movement to gen ETA, it is best to start off with a rep with a cheap ETA clone. That way, since the gen movement will be the same size, the old components will still fit (dial, hands, etc.). You can then replace them with gen components one at a time if desired.

Indeed. You're on the right track ;)

You're missing a lot!

Hands

Stem

Crown

Tube

Right movement spacer (impossible to get so you probably have to make it yourself)

And in the end you will still have a majorly flawed PO.....

You should better do some more reading and learning before starting such a project ;)

Thanks.. I did more research, and it's not worth the trouble.

The next REP is gonna be based on an ETA clone... In the mean time, I'm waiting for the PO, I'm sure I'll enjoy it as it is.