When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

refinished dials have come a looong way...the Double Red

BigCrown

This dial I got from my new friend Oliver over in Austria. I believe this to be a 'one-off' or extremely small production fake double-red (close to a MKIII). Oliver bought it at a show for big bucks. I would say it is worth the money. The font serifs are very close in the texts. The SCOC text is off a tad but not nearly as bad as the dials seen coming out of Vietnam these days.

1665drsd1.jpg

1665drsd10.jpg

1665drsd11.jpg

1665drsd12.jpg

1665drsd13.jpg

1665drsd14.jpg

1665drsd15.jpg

1665drsd16.jpg

1665drsd2.jpg

1665drsd3.jpg

1665drsd4.jpg

1665drsd5.jpg

1665drsd6.jpg

1665drsd7.jpg

1665drsd8.jpg

1665drsd9.jpg

1665drsd.jpg

I do miss my genuine DRSD, but if you compare the scans, you can understand my opinion to have the cash in hand and have such a unique refinished dial.

Gen Dial in the same watch (tough to compare...the dial above is a MKIII and below is a MKIV, so coronet, spacing and text will appear very different):

P3090015.jpg

1665drsd2.jpg

1665drsd3.jpg

1665drsd.jpg

I'd be interested to know just how many "big bucks" your friend Oliver (interesting, there's two of those known to us vets) paid for it? Hopefully not more than a couple of hundred euros or so. Personally if I'm honest I'm sorry but I don't see anything that gets the pulse racing - better than the likes of say, NDT dials, but other than that, it doesn't quite do it for me.

It's a looker for sure, but what's up with the spacing for the letters "L" and "E" beneath the coronet? That's what caught my eye right off, the logo all jammed together.

But it IS a looker. Wanna trade for my stock MBW dial straight across? ;)