When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A wifey pic for arminvanbuuren

ubiquitous

im requesting a wristpics of his 112 on ola.. the reason is i want to get my gf either a 111 or 112 but i dunno how a 44mm would look on her.. i really wanna see a pam on a girl.. but watever

Well, it's not Maciek's girl, and it's not a 111/112, but here is my wife modelling an FGD dial'd Pre-A 009:

IMG_1407.jpg

:)

I like the 44mm on a feminine wrist, but a proper fitting strap is essential for the combo to work well. In my case, the missus could use another hole punched to allow the strap to fit tighter, however she has no interest in wearing a PAM, so no concerns there I suppose...

thanksss.. thats something i've been waiting for.. and a 009???? man thats just sexy.. so how big is ur wife's wristsize? if u dont mind me asking.. but at least hey i didnt ask for her boobsize :p

see i knew it.. theres something about pams on a girl's wrist.. i dunno about you guys but that looks sexy IMO!! im kind of wanting to get a 111h for my gf.. and im trying to convince her to wear one.. she keeps insisting she wants smaller watches like gucci.. but come on! panerai on a girl is perfect!!!

btw she got me a dsn 202/a for my bday last yr.. which i seriously destroyed already and its beyond repair!! so ye but shh dont tell anyone.. im building a fully modded fgd dialled 202/a now tho..

Edited by arminvanbuuren

cant seriously stop going back to this thread.. ubi.. what kind of casing did u use for the pre-a 009?

sorry to hijack but im kinda in the same project but mine is more of a 202/a.. does this case look good for the pre-v style?? i got my own sapphire, cg and crown and dial and so on n so on.. i just needed a case.. what do u think?

http://www.siswatch727.com/showroom/model/...293017578009150

armin-

This case is kind of a temporary fix- I'd prefer to be using my JimmyFzu case, as that's the project that this dial/movement combo was intended for:

IMG_7313.jpg

IMG_5514.jpg

However, the CG on that one broke, and so that one's out of commission until I can find a decent CG worth using to replace.

The PVD case that I'm using for the time being is an old school DSN case, which I've spent time polishing out with a cape cod to give it a very dulled and worn look.

IMG_5689.jpg

IMG_6415.jpg

@coolfire- Thanks for the kind words, buddy :) My wife is typically a girl who likes to keep a low profile, but her weakness has always been diamonds and platinum :rolleyes:

armin-

This case is kind of a temporary fix- I'd prefer to be using my JimmyFzu case, as that's the project that this dial/movement combo was intended for:

However, the CG on that one broke, and so that one's out of commission until I can find a decent CG worth using to replace.

The PVD case that I'm using for the time being is an old school DSN case, which I've spent time polishing out with a cape cod to give it a very dulled and worn look.

@coolfire- Thanks for the kind words, buddy :) My wife is typically a girl who likes to keep a low profile, but her weakness has always been diamonds and platinum :rolleyes:

ye jimmy would be the best choice i reckon.. r u using jimmy fu cg as well? i got a dsn 202/a case too but the stupid bezel is loose ass.. so its kind of broken.. and i need a replacement case.. with the case that i showed u above.. u reckon its actually a good choice for pre-v series?

Hmmmm... Based on the pics in that link, the set looks like one sold by 'Alpha Time' or something to that effect from the Bay. I picked one up sometime ago, and it's not awesome <_< That said, I'd pass. There are better case sets out there, in my opinion...

As for my case... It was a generous gesture from a good friend and fellow RWG'er. No Jimmy CG, however. I'm searching for a good replacement, though!

Hmmmm... Based on the pics in that link, the set looks like one sold by 'Alpha Time' or something to that effect from the Bay. I picked one up sometime ago, and it's not awesome <_< That said, I'd pass. There are better case sets out there, in my opinion...

As for my case... It was a generous gesture from a good friend and fellow RWG'er. No Jimmy CG, however. I'm searching for a good replacement, though!

that isn't good.. do you kno where i can get a pretty accurate pre-v cases from? its not that easy ey finding a case :( i dont wanna spend that much on a jimmy fu tho..

Hmmm... Can't help much there. The Pre-V case is rather elusive. With the thicker, shorter lugs and the squared corners... That's gonna be tough to find.

I know helenarou used to have such a case... But it seems that finding one these days is no easy task.

DSN has some cases that would fit the bill, I think? Maybe?

When you find one, let me know too! :D

Hmmm... Can't help much there. The Pre-V case is rather elusive. With the thicker, shorter lugs and the squared corners... That's gonna be tough to find.

I know helenarou used to have such a case... But it seems that finding one these days is no easy task.

DSN has some cases that would fit the bill, I think? Maybe?

When you find one, let me know too! :D

unfortunately dsn's cases will not fit with the cg.. i've tried.. so thats not an option.. i know helenarou used to have these shorter lugged and squared corners cases.. thats y i was asking u whether or not siswatch727's case is good.. its because ive read somewhere before that these guys are the equivalent of helenarou.. from the pics.. i can tell that siswatch727's case has thicker and shorter lugs.. not sure about the squared corner tho.. i have to see it from the side.. but im gonna get it sometimes next week anyway.. so hopefully fingers crossed it'll be a good pre-v case.. ill post pics when itshere

When you get it, please post some pics!! I'll be very interested to see this one in better detail...

:)

will do man.. but i got a bad feeling about it.. well anyway if you can find a source in the mean time.. letmme know as well.. coz hell i really need stupid case for my pre-v.. but i dont want standard rep case if i was gonna dlc it.. i need something close to the pre-v shape.. id rather wait!

i dunno whether im getting too excited or what.. that my eyes are playing tricks on me.. but does this look ok? like to me the lugs doesn't look like normal rep lugs.. but then again i might be bias.. coz i wanna believe to myself that it's correct

b_1240344787640021186.jpg

Edited by arminvanbuuren

Look how low those lugs are... That's a big skip in my opinion... Not worth it :)

well ubi here it is.. i actually got it today.. i dunno what ur opinion is on them but..

2hzmsm8.jpg

it is pretty much a davidsen to me.. i just compared it to a dsn case.. it's pretty similar in nature and shape.. do you think it's worth of using this case for a pre-v? or should i hunt for a better one??

i got all the perfect parts.. i just need a pre-v case

@armin. Those look like standard Rep lugs to me.

This is the profile lug you are looking for:

paneraiprevcaseideal.jpg

thanks... im kinda looking for the same case.. do u have any idea on who or how i can get it from right at this moment? :(

and i got offered this case.. it looks like an automatic case to me :(

IMG_0919.jpg