When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New UNs on braclet

Samurai

My favourite combo is the blue/silver comination. However, the problem with the replica is that the dial is a creamy white colour. The gen does have a very obvious silver colour to it, so that's a killer for me. I think the black/red looks much better on the bracelet.

It's a shame that the all black version doesn't have the blue details on the subdials as that would be a great one to go for!

I sold my pepsi version and have the RG now. Just placed order for the blue version and already got the tracking no. Josh is fantastic. The watch should be in Singaporw on Sat and on my wrist on Monday. Can't wait to try out the bracelet. Apparently a gen was used in making this.

I sold my pepsi version and have the RG now. Just placed order for the blue version and already got the tracking no. Josh is fantastic. The watch should be in Singaporw on Sat and on my wrist on Monday. Can't wait to try out the bracelet. Apparently a gen was used in making this.

will you please take some "normal" photos on it when you get it.. need to see it in "real" before buying.. dealers pics aint always displaying it correctly.. actually their pics is making it look worse in many cases..

-tazz

The movement is pretty decent. My rg version has been running fine for a few months now.

As for the dial, I doubt they have changed it. But am hoping it is silver metallic like Josh said it is.

No doubt a gen has been used to make this. The level of detail on the UN, you simply can't get by just looking @ pics. Anyway the gen doesn't cost too much. I was in close discussions with Josh last year when he actually placed the order for this watch and also when he actually picked it up from the AD in Singapore What I meant was that a gen bracelet was bought to replicate.

Granted that the UN still has flaws and they could have done a better job... Still the quality of the rep is unprecedented.

You all know how much I brag about UN bracelets being the best in the industry. I'll be interested to hear what you guys think of these and whether they nailed the finish and feel of the gen. The Bracelets absolutely MAKE the Marine Line as far as I'm concerned. Enjoy guys...

And yes, the gen blue version dial is very much silver and even grey in certain light. It is basically a raw rhodium dial, not unlike my rhodium dialed Datejust but not as dark as my rhodium dialed MMD. I think the mistake was that they made the dial more like the siver dial on the original MMD (non-chrono). That one is also silver but looks nearly white - accentuated by the golf ball texture. I'm sure the watch will be great either way, but yes, it is far more white than the gen on this model.

But these reps are amazing fit, sinish and quality wise - and hopefully the braclets will be on par with the rest. They really nailed these IMO. I couldn't believe it when I handled Phoband's for the first time at our last GTG. Amazing. Personally, I would get the black/red version were I in the market for one though as it is the most accurate. But the blue/silver is the coolest and most unique were I to get the gen. I'll bet they fix the dial color on the next run if these sell well and enough people mention it to Josh so he can kick it upstairs. Also, keep in mind the makers dogs prowl these forums so talk often and loudly about the color fix and they will see it.

Thanks for the inputs Robbie. The wife didn't much care for the red/black version which I got on rubber....so sold it off. Wasn't going to make the same mistake again :p

The watch already left GZ last night.....am hoping it gets here tomorrow ...else Monday.

Cheers

Interesting development and good news overall!

The silver - blue combo is top draw one for sure hopefully the dial will not be that far off... still a decent replication for sure i did not have the luck to see one live yet but if Robbie says so im sure thats for a good reason.

The bracelet is really nice and compliments this watches so its good to see they went that way. Keep us posted Samurai!

regards Laz

Unfrigginbelievable.......the watch was shipped Wednesday night from GZ and has already reached Singapore. Hopefully should get delivered to me in a couple of hours. Talk about speed.....thanks Josh. Am really hoping the watch is nice ....esp. the dial.

Will post pics as soon as I get it.

Am so [censored] off....the jokers @ SingPost.....status showed that the package is with delivery courier @ 2.00 pm....package never arrived and status @ 6.00 pm was Failed Delivery. Guess the courier decided to take some time off.....will get the watch in hand Monday morning now. Grrrrrrrr