When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Should I keep the BCE v3 graphite or Skyland v3 black?

DemonSlayer

BCE v3 or Skyland V3?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. BCE v3 or Skyland V3?

• BCE v3 graphite
    • Skyland v3 black

I'm in the process of selling watches that I no longer wear enough to justify me keeping them, or simply aren't for me.

From my 2 Breitling chrono's, I've decided that either the BCE or Skyland has to go. The BCE has the far superior AR, its on par with k222's latest double AR.. BCE v3 is probably marginally better made in terms of finish and parts. The Skyland v3 AR is too blue and more reflective, the other downside is that the crystal can't be removed on this model so I have to live with the current AR and any scratches that might occur in the future.

The main thing I like about the Skyland over the BCE is the bracelet. The BCE bracelet is a bit too dressy or jewellery-like for me, I prefer the design of the pro bracelet and feel it suits me better. I think I also prefer the numbers on the dial instead of the stick markers on the BCE. However the graphite color on the BCE is stunning and I like the red writing on the dial.

If I were to keep the BCE, I could also wear it mostly on leather so thats the bracelet issue solved. The Skyland has a super thick case which is practically impossible to hide under a cuff, which doesn't win it any points in discreetness.

I'm stuck as to deciding which one should go, so I would like to know member's opinions and would be grateful if you could please cast a vote. Thanks!

bce001.jpg

skyland-wrist01.jpg

I voted for the BCE but I'd prefer it because I already have the bulky SFSO. While Skyland is a great rep and a nice watch I never got really, really excited about it. But then again I have never saw it in person.

Maybe we could make a trade? I've always wanted the graphite BCE. :D

Thanks for your input By-Tor. Both are really nice, the BCE AR is a lot better, but I really do prefer the pro bracelet on the Skyland more and it is cheaper by quite a bit.

Half of me wouldn't mind a trade but the other half is saying I need the cash! :D In any case I haven't ruled out a trade, but I don't think you would like the 7:00 and 8:00 lume markers, they haven't been perfectly applied (tiny flake of lume sticking out.) Could be removed easily I suppose with a toothpick or something, but I haven't gotten around to doing it, besides I'm scared I might mess up :lol: