When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rubber diver strap for Seawolf?

xslyyx

Hi guys...

SO I have my Seawolf in front of me in a few days....Do u think its better with a Rubber strap?

Also, is this rubber from Josh worth the money?

http://www.jpc8118.com/00blru10012-rubber-...lac-p-4995.html

Going for a holiday for 1 month now to Croatia...Its gonna be a lot of swimming in the sea...thats why I want the rubber strap.

ALso U who owns this one...is it good...I mean quality...After all its 98$ for a strap, if u now what I mean

thanks guys

LoL, i have both the $65 and $68 straps in black ... both were boiled a little to make the rubber softer and more pliable

i like the $65 strap better for looks (raised logo on the buckle) but i also like the $68 strap since it wears easier and feels more comfortable

to be quite honest, the difference is rather imperceptible if i wear them over a full-sleeve UA vest

There have been a number of folks who have shaved that 2mm off the OR bracelet in order to fit the 22mm sizing of the SW lugs.

I would highly suggest that.

The OR strap and ss clasp is such a beautiful combo. A careful cutting or shaving of the strap is fairly easily accomplished.

Yeah, I am not wanting to risk a 100 bux and botch cutting it, or it turning out looking like crap.

I just purchased the gen rubber from the AD, and attached it to the rep deployant. The Gen rubber ran me about 80 bux. You can pick up a cheap deployant on ebay for a rubber strap for like 15 bux.

IMG_1220.jpg

ORClasp.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1185-5.jpg

I purchased the $98 OR strap from Josh and the clasp was broken after less a week. A jewelerist worked 3 months to fix it, but it was broken again, so I just quit this strap. It's like $100 sitting in my drawer, useless. Is it possible to buy only the clasp (could be a rep for a reasonable price?)

I purchased the $98 OR strap from Josh and the clasp was broken after less a week. A jewelerist worked 3 months to fix it, but it was broken again, so I just quit this strap. It's like $100 sitting in my drawer, useless. Is it possible to buy only the clasp (could be a rep for a reasonable price?)

I had asked one dealer, and was told no, but you never know. I just ordered a cheap rubber strap (15 bux) with a brushed deployant...I am going to see how that works, and let you know.

I know it's to late, but for next time...

You should have contacted Josh. He would have replaced it.

I know it's to late, but for next time...

You should have contacted Josh. He would have replaced it.

You can be sure that I know Josh very well, and I told him twice about this, I did not demand a replacement because I am not that kind, but I let him know, and I am sorry to tell you that he did not offer any replacement, just kind of ignored it.

I could enjoy a nice noobmariner for this money...

Well I am not a josh cheerleader. I did buy a watch from him over 2 yrs ago without issue, but that's it. I am surprised because we all all told that josh is worth the extra monies because of his customer service. Don't see it here. Sorry to hear it.

Well I am not a josh cheerleader. I did buy a watch from him over 2 yrs ago without issue, but that's it. I am surprised because we all all told that josh is worth the extra monies because of his customer service. Don't see it here. Sorry to hear it.

I think Josh is a great dealer and I resppect him, but this time I was dissappointed. Now I remember that I even mailed him pics of the broken clasp, but he just said: "it's an easy fix for every watchsmith". The fix was so easy that the jewelerist that can fix everything, quit after several trials and a lot of worke. Of course, his work also was not for free.

I think Josh is a great dealer and I resppect him, but this time I was dissappointed. Now I remember that I even mailed him pics of the broken clasp, but he just said: "it's an easy fix for every watchsmith". The fix was so easy that the jewelerist that can fix everything, quit after several trials and a lot of worke. Of course, his work also was not for free.

If you still have it, I'd contact him and explain. Give it a shot. :)

regarding customer service........

Purchased a watch on 20th of may from josh.....it was shipped on the 25th of may.....today its not even close to Sweden......

Maybee our dear dealers are getting a little to "fat" for they own good.....i remember buying from josh month and a year ago....watch was always shipped, latest, a day after purchase.....

Its not that Im picky......well I am.....but seriously........5 days, a week for me, after purchase......

well I hope my seawolf is nice....

just wanted to update.......after 9 days...the watch is finally in sweden with swedish customs.

SO if I am VERY lucky I will have it by friday 30th of may.....10 days AFTER purchase.....that is BAD

How is 10 days after purchase bad for something shipped from China. Peoples expectations are getting a little ridiculous if you ask me. Next you'll be expecting a perfect rep. Be real.

Edited by jjenk

How is 10 days after purchase bad for something shipped from China. Peoples expectations are getting a little ridiculous if you ask me. Next you'll be expecting a perfect rep. Be real.

Well my friend.....because if u purchased a watch 3-4 month ago..u would get it in..latest 7 days..

And if u red the tread....its not that 10 days is bad...its that after purchase it takes 4-5 days BEFORE its even shipped-

never mind.....its here tomorow at 07:00