When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has anyone heard from DL Gates recently?

ubiquitous

He is probably out drinking single malt down in Texas...or so I hope :) ... you know he has a PhD degree from Texas A&M

Dave is a true gentleman

Gunnar Gran

I hear from him regularly via facebook. He's doing fine. I get his messages and he seems healthy and busy. I miss his participation here. I don't communicate with him too much, just get his comings and goings via facebook (which I don't participate much myself.)

Still the true gentleman.

I hear from him regularly via facebook. He's doing fine. I get his messages and he seems healthy and busy. I miss his participation here. I don't communicate with him too much, just get his comings and goings via facebook (which I don't participate much myself.)

Still the true gentleman.

Has he like left the rep scene completely? I also remember the time when he had health issues.... Glad he's doing fine. :)

I think after such a major health scare it is normal to reassess what your focus is in life.

I'm sure Dave will pop in from time to time as he knows he has so many friends here, but we also can't begrudge him the time he spends with his family and true life friends.

Dave was an icon of these boards and I think we just have to be grateful for the time he gave us and be content with his occasional visits from now on.

Ken

I think after such a major health scare it is normal to reassess what your focus is in life.

I'm sure Dave will pop in from time to time as he knows he has so many friends here, but we also can't begrudge him the time he spends with his family and true life friends.

Dave was an icon of these boards and I think we just have to be grateful for the time he gave us and be content with his occasional visits from now on.

Ken

This is just so true... He was a true legend of the boards...

I keep in contact with Dave pretty regularly.

He is in the process of moving from the Houston area to a really neat place in Portland.

He posts pictures and such on Facebook, Flickr' etc. He is a prolific photographer. All kinds of subjects. His stuff is unreal.

He is the true Renaissance man. And as many here will attest, a real gentleman.

He took me under his wing when I was a noob at TRC, and then on to RWG1. An inspirational person.

His health is pretty good these days. Life goes on. As you might imagine he surrounded by MANY great friends and family.

Occasionally he talks about dropping by here, but he is pretty busy with life these days. I think that one of these days he will begin to drop by more often.

He greatly appreciates everyones concern.

One can only hope for his return. His watch collection is amazing.