When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quick Tip

TeeJay

Lume charging gone wrong?

:)

You might say that :whistling:

I woke up this morning to find that the watch had stopped just before midnight, and, once the time was reset, it ran, but, the date wheel would not roll over... This afternoon, I dismantled the watch, and discovered that rather than being an overlay, the entire datewheel was a plastic cog, which had warped slightly, which was preventing it engaging with the rest of the movement...

Oh well, we live and learn :) I'd originally bought the watch to be given away anyway, I guess it just wasn't meant to be that I keep it personally :lol:

Hey Bro! Are you that bored? There are better things to do to have fun, not mating your GMT II with a light bulb!!! :D

Cheers! F

I was just trying to see if a longer charge from the bulb, would provide a longer lume glow. If it's any consolation, I could tell the time when I woke up, the time just wasn't right :lol:

One of those 100 lumen led flashlights should charge up the lume rather quick... Thinking of getting one :)

I read this and chuckled to myself. To my right is around 15 Led flashlights all lined up on my table ( All +200 lumen ). This WAS my only obsession untill RWG arrived in my life.

Curse you Google.

My name is Arniezac and i'm a flashaholic. :p

One of those 100 lumen led flashlights should charge up the lume rather quick... Thinking of getting one :)

UV LEDS give a good response as well, I think the problem is I held the watch near the bulb for about a minute... Oh well, lesson learned :)

This sounds better out of context...think of long trenchcoats and bare legs. :o

I know a halogen light would surely be able to do some serious damage. I stick to low heat compact fluorescents.

Just for the record, it was a halogen bulb :black_eye: Lesson learned :)