When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How accurate is your 2824-2 movement?

xslyyx

The new seawolf has 2836-2 in it, which is kind of shame, because the gen uses 2824-2 (and that movement is also cheaper, so I don't see the point why they put the 36 in it...). As for the accuracy, there's a fine adjuster, use a screwdriver, you should be able to regulate it to -/+ 5 sec or even better.

Good luck! :)

You can achieve pretty good results by regulating but it is dependent on many factors...how long you wear it, what you did while wearing it, if you took it off over night, what position over night, etc, etc.. Currently mine is running about +/- 3 sec per day....assuming a regular work day. On weekends it is more erratic because my schedule and wearing is always different.

If it was said to have a 2824 and you are certain it is a 2836, why not send it back fo what you ordered? And while I don't own the seawolf yet, my Swiss upo was +15 for the first year I owned it, then one day was +6. Maybe the The Zigmeisterfairy made a visit from the gear white north and fixed her :). Good luck with your situation.

Whats the difference between 2824 and 2836 ?

I mean....should i feel disapointed on thet movement? Or is it as good as 2824

Not at all...it is essentially the same movement. The 36 has gearing and tripping mechanism to run a day wheel in addition to the date wheel. It is also a few pico thousands of the mm thicker. that is the reason that the 36 is used in the rep sub cases. Puts the winding stem center of the case tube. 2824 is a little off in most rep cases. Timing capability, reliability, and longevity should be identical.

MT

They are basically the same, other than the 2836 could also handle a Daywheel if it was present, and due to that it's a bit thicker. That's the only difference. I still don't understand why they used this one for this watch (and also for the newer edition SOSFs) as the Day function is not needed, and this movement is also more expensive. Not to mention that the gen uses a 2824...