When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My IWC Big Pilot 5004 Has Arrived ...

wheaton26

well it took a long time, but the iwc big pilot 5004 has finally landed in the bahamas! i had major issues getting this watch ... here's a quick recap that has to be some sort of record. i originally ordered two 5004's from one dealer and he sent me two 5002's. i then ordered from another dealer and he sent me one with a defective movement. so, i ordered from yet another dealer ... and amazingly this watch also had a movement problem. i began feeling that i wasn't supposed to have this watch in my collection. a quick e-mail to king and she made me a believer again! see below a few quick shots. fyi, the watch (as stated before) came from king, the strap is an oem gator that i picked on timezone and the deployment was bought from watchstation. you'll notice this is the correct deployment for this watch as this watch comes stock with the 5002 style deployment. for those of you that already own this watch, you know it is a great piece for the price. i'm going to have a hard time switching this one up for a while. i will eventually do the ar and datewheel mod. thanks for looking!

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC09999.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

Is your gator strap for BP from Strapluxe?

Realy nice strap for this watch.

Congrats

Tom

hey tom, thanks for the compliments! this strap is a genuine iwc big pilot strap. they usually sell for around $400, but i was able to find one for less than half of that. it really adds to the overall look of the watch. all the best.

Congrats Wheat!!

your OEM strap and deployment are gorgeous

Live Strong and Wear it Well

A~C

Lani

I too have the same gen strap and deployant. The gen strap really changes the watch! Congrats!

actually, the deployment isn't genuine. not many people are aware that this correct 5004 deployment is available. i got mine seperatley from peter @ watchstation.

Ajoesmith from repgeek recently received a 5004 from the cartel which surprisingly came with a datewheel overlay to push the datewheel almost flush.

Looks like the newer ones have fixed the recessed datewheel which is great news.

Mate do you know if he opened it up and confirmed this?