When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"Actually....It's a Rolex."

statikman

I check the guys wrist in line behind me at H&M the other day and see he's wearing a Daytona.

I lean over and say, "Nice Daytona."

He responds snootily with the thread title. He's with a woman and he's trying to impress her I guess.

I say, "Yes I know. This model is a Daytona. You have great taste, it's a hard to get, very nice watch."

Now he's beaming a bit and says, "Thanks. It was a gift."

I don't know the tells with Rolex but my guess is rep in this situation.

I check the guys wrist in line behind me at H&M the other day and see he's wearing a Daytona.

I lean over and say, "Nice Daytona."

He responds snootily with the thread title. He's with a woman and he's trying to impress her I guess.

I say, "Yes I know. This model is a Daytona. You have great taste, it's a hard to get, very nice watch."

Now he's beaming a bit and says, "Thanks. It was a gift."

I don't know the tells with Rolex but my guess is rep in this situation.

what a [censored], surely if you were given a Rolex even as a gift you would want to know what model it is seeing as the brand name is so strong and seen as something of very high value.

I would say it must have been a rep.

what a [censored], surely if you were given a Rolex even as a gift you would want to know what model it is seeing as the brand name is so strong and seen as something of very high value.

I disagree. If you bought it, you'd do the research. If it was bought for you, why bother?

Ask people what car they own and someone will answer "A blue one."

You need to care to know there are different models and that it's even worth finding out.

I disagree. If you bought it, you'd do the research. If it was bought for you, why bother?

Ask people what car they own and someone will answer "A blue one."

You need to care to know there are different models and that it's even worth finding out.

its sad but true!

Actually, ask people what car they own, and I usually hear some string of crap about some Honda/Subaru/Toyo with X" rims, Y turbo, 100hp NOS kit, blah blah wing and ground effects, and z-brand muffler/tail-pipe combos that are supposed to make their sewing machine engine sound like it has some balls... none of which I am likely to hear or very much care about...

Actually, ask people what car they own, and I usually hear some string of crap about some Honda/Subaru/Toyo with X" rims, Y turbo, 100hp NOS kit, blah blah wing and ground effects, and z-brand muffler/tail-pipe combos that are supposed to make their sewing machine engine sound like it has some balls... none of which I am likely to hear or very much care about...

Now ask some dude's wife. He bought her a brand-new car and she has no idea what it is. He spent hours choosing the right specs, she chose the colour.

Rolex dude may not know what he's got, but if it's real, someone knew.

hehe - funny thread.

Regarding cars .. my latest purschase was a Audi A5 ..the only thing my GF cared about was the color .. pick a black one she said.. OK - I did..

and its constantly in need of cleaning.. damn! .. and for some reason she aint standing bent over it in hotpants all foam:ed up cleaning it on the driveway.. I cant figure why? all pictures on the internet tells me that the way to go? am I completely wrong here?

- tazz