When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Memory Lane (gone But Not Forgotten)

narikaa

Hi Reg,

Some very interesting pieces, you're showing here.

Proud to say i bought one of them from you. It's still getting wristtime.

Gerco

Yuck! :yuk:

You may be too new to remember, but back in the days when the top of the line PAMs had undecorated movements and dime thin crowns, when we all would have killed for LV's we'd [censored] loudly about today, some of those would have been regarded as cutting edge rarities.

Narikaa's post reminds me how jaded we've become by 98% PAMS and "perfect" rolexes--in a way I think we were more sensible back then--when I wore watches like those I got called out as often as I do when I wear my high end panerais and mullers, which is never, and I blew off a lot more flaws than I do today---and had a far more varied collection as a result.

I deninitely do not miss the days when every chrono was an idiotic day-date, though.

You may be too new to remember, but back in the days when the top of the line PAMs had undecorated movements and dime thin crowns, when we all would have killed for LV's we'd [censored] loudly about today, some of those would have been regarded as cutting edge rarities.

Narikaa's post reminds me how jaded we've become by 98% PAMS and "perfect" rolexes--in a way I think we were more sensible back then--when I wore watches like those I got called out as often as I do when I wear my high end panerais and mullers, which is never, and I blew off a lot more flaws than I do today---and had a far more varied collection as a result.

I deninitely do not miss the days when every chrono was an idiotic day-date, though.

mmmmm........Spoon Fed Newb Syndrome :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by narikaa

Agreed It was not so long ago that this was the best panerai avaliable (eta 2836)

106519-24890.jpg