When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

FGD does it again!

rmcsherry

Firstly, a huge thanks to FGD. I've been lucky enough to own each of his dials (201A, 202A and 002 - in 1st, '1.5' and 2nd generations). The 202A is having a Canadian Spa treatment right about now, but the other 2 have eventually been fully assembled and been given new straps!

The Pre-A 009 was completely FGD's work - I installed a new sapphire (AR stripped) kindly given by him, and a PVD T48 crown - a big thanks to T for this one! The case is a JimmyFu which has been PVD'ed by Rolli - the colour and finish is nothing short of perfection. The movement is a Swiss 6497, the hands relumed and 2nd gen FGD 002 dial, Pre-A caseback, great modded CG and Heroic18 complimentary Anniversary strap with PVD buckle to finish it all off.

The 201A was built by myself, and consists of a stumpy-lug case, T48 SS crown (thanks again, T!), relumed hands, 2nd gen FGD dial, Swiss 6497, reworked LH CG, replacement sapphire (AR stripped), DSN 201A caseback and a Heroic18 Black Arrow strap with brushed buckle. The lugs were drilled to fit some Pre-V double lug screws (reproduced from my genuine Pre-V screws), and that's it ;)

I didn't think I'd like the 5218-201A because I'm really not in to shiny watches - but it's one of the favourite pieces in my collection now, and the PVD 009 looks great and very understated with a suit! Thanks again to FGD - who's been very generous, and I couldn't be happier with the collection now. And for the photos - no photoshop used for this set, so ignore any dust and scratches!!

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

Fantastic Ross ...so pleased you finished the 201/A and love the end result - my all time favourite I think!

The 009 is also a stunner (as I know all too well) and you have some tasty looking strap combos loaded!!

"Mint" ...as they say up my way!!

I appreciate the kind words but you know they are not required from you.

It's just my continuos attempts to retrun your generosity and support , like a virtuous circle of goodness to you fellow man / PAM nut!!

Cheers

FGD

Ross, you got a fantastic duo there!

FGD dials are amazing, just like your vintage dials...the other parts that you've added are the best that can be found - making this two pre-v+s one of the best on the boards...I am sure the 3rd one will be great as well!

armin-

I

'F' serialed 111. Not sure of it's origins, but it may give you a lead on what to look out for...

f serialed 111 ey?? hmm

could this be it??

PAN-2009-4-24-06-03.JPG

where did u get the case from man?? man i always wanted one.. if u see one for sale or anything.. can u let me know??

oh its not the same as angus' 111f.. but ey.. is the bezel correct for that case? because it seems thicker than the one on the left.. but then again.. my eyes are a bit dodgy

Edited by arminvanbuuren

OMG. I am so jealous. 201/A is my dream watch. My heart just skipped a beat when i read that you are not into shiny watches but than next part of sentence cooled me down :).

Anyway if 201/A will start looking to shiny to you please PM me and i will help you with that.