When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What kind of mp3 player do you use?

southcoast68

YUP apparently it's some legal reason they cant give it away for free. So many people are not pleased and [censored] at Apple, since iPhone users have the most to gain from it and get it for free.

I download the update from their server directly via a link posted publically on the net, that somebody found through a way on to their servers... i wonder if they (apple) changed that by now. loaded it onto my touch 2G along with downloading ALL my apps *again*, had to backup my 'pod and use "shift click restore" method on my ipod to load the official 2G update software that i downloaded. worked fine, NO activation or nothing, runs faster, no lag when typing anymore, ability to screen cap webpages, copy /paste links, and text, and open links in new windows. I even think the battery life is slightly better now with better optimized software instructions. ONE thing missing that they need to put in the browser is an auto rotate lock, so you can read sites while lying down and not have it turn landscape style and harder to read. Put that feature in and the browser is complete.

ill try to find the link for OS 3.0 for all those touch users interested

Blackberry with 16 GB micro sD. Considering a 32 G upgrade though... Saw 'em for about $85 recently.

That sounds a great price on that card... I have a 16gb card in my blackberry too... though I don't think I'll need 32gb just yet. They are probably still selling 16gb cards over here for $70 or so :(

Which Blackberry do you have?

I updated the firmware on my Bold this weekend from .166 to whatever it is now (.288?) so it was a big step. Blackberry have been updating the firmware quite rapidly so I didn't do all the updates. The battery seems to last a LOT longer now.

Edited by Chronus

I've been really happy with my 8GB iPhone :)

I guess it depends what functions you require, how long you plan to be listening at a time etc etc. I have a huge playlist on my iPhone which I dive in and out of, but that itself is only a fraction of the tunes saved onto it, so I've never had a problem with running out of music :) Heck, for short journeys, an iPod shuffle might be suitable in terms of capacity, my only beef is that it won't store a tracklist in the order I enter it, but, never mind :) Best of luck with your quest :)

Hopefully in the coming months, I'll be backing up my music on around 30x50gb Blu Ray discs... A lot more manageable than all the discs I have right now! I used to DJ so I have lots of vinyl and CDs and enough obscure/underground/instrumental/sample stuff not found nowadays :(

As for tracklist, can't you make a playlist in winamp or an mp3 cataloguing software, and import it in? I can make playlists on the fly and keep it in whatever order I like, perhaps you just haven't figured out how to do it ? There could be a setting for auto-order by name?

Hopefully in the coming months, I'll be backing up my music on around 30x50gb Blu Ray discs... A lot more manageable than all the discs I have right now! I used to DJ so I have lots of vinyl and CDs and enough obscure/underground/instrumental/sample stuff not found nowadays :(

As for tracklist, can't you make a playlist in winamp or an mp3 cataloguing software, and import it in? I can make playlists on the fly and keep it in whatever order I like, perhaps you just haven't figured out how to do it ? There could be a setting for auto-order by name?

I'm liking the sound of your collection :) Have you ever heard of a collaboration/group called Desormais?

As far as I can see, the iPod catalogues the tracks alphabetically, regardless of how they're uploaded to it. The iPhone catalogues alphabetically, but at least gives the ability to make a playlist :D

UPDATE: I bought the Cowon D2 from Amazon.com. I got the 16gb model for about $160 and that includes the shipping. I've been using it for 3 days now, and I am impressed. Its has 16gb on board and is expandable with an SD card, plays my mp3 files great, stores pictures, has a note pad, FM radio, regular and scientific calculator, a cool looking interface, touch screen, and Hackr is right, this thing cranks!! It also plays video files, but I have not really fooled around with that yet. Its not the slickest looking player, but so far I love it. Maybe getting this will be the necessary boot in the butt I need to finish digitizing all my old tapes to mp3 so I can listen to them again.

Cheers B)