When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

sneak peak of transforming my white fantasy 111 sausage dial to .....

prince458

my fantasy sausage 111 dial will soon transform to a 111 sandwich dial of the skyline of new york city. new york city is one of my favorite cities in the world one that has great significance to me. i lived in manhattan for 12 years, worked at the world financial center and commuted every day through the world trade center.

111whitefantasyonbluekevlar.jpg

artwork inspiration of NYC skyline scence used for the 111 transformation

nycskylineatnight.jpg

nyc has great significance to me as i lived in manhattan for 12 years, worked at the world financial center and commuted every day through the world trade center.

first preview pictures of my soon to be completed transformed 111 sausage dial -- lume will be GX3 orange (to glow like a torch)

1. bernard2.jpg

2. bernard3.jpg

3. bernard1.jpg

now i need to figure out what strap to mount on this 111 NYC dial watch. any suggests - bracelet or leather?

i hope you all enjoyed my 111 transformer preview -- comments on the watch dial and strap/bracelet suggestions welcome.

Wow!!!!!! This is incredible! You hand painted this?!

Truely amazing, and absolutely inspiring.

What lume colour did you decide on for the hands? I'm not sure orange would be the best match for these?

thank you. i cannot take credit for the artwork, i commissioned an artist that specializes on custom dial work. see other works of the artist here: www.painteddials.com.

these are the first preview pics and i may change out the original color lume to a white GX3 instrad of the orange for better contrast.

will post completed PAM111 NYC watch once all complete.

****taking suggestions for what type of leather strap or bracelet shouldbe used.

Navy leather strap with orange stitching?

Looking good so far though :)

Have you thought about doing different lumes on markers to reflect the different colours on the dial next to them?

thanks for the suggestion on what type of strap. the lume was going to be a GX3 orange but has been changed to a GX white lume.

come on fellas other suggestions as to leather strap to compliment this 111/nyc sunset dial!

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome!

I vote for blue hands with white lume, and blue strap with white stitching.

Maybe also a brushed case+bezel? :g:

You should try some digital graphic simulations.

Any updated pics of this? :)

re: the hands, Is it possible to remove the lume from the middle section, where it's supposed to be, and then lume the metalwork instead, so they're see-through?

Edited by Member X

****taking suggestions for what type of leather strap or bracelet shouldbe used.

My gut tells me a sharp and simple black band would be best. It would make the dial pop. I think colored stitching, patterns, etc... would make it all too much. The dial doesn't need to compete with anything.

My 2 cents.

Congrats on a great project.

Edited by zaazaa