When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica Friends

I am the victim of a huge injustice. It seems the Librarian where I have taught chess for the last year and a half has confused my willingness to educate children with pedophila. She has used my business cards inviting parents of children ages 5 to 14 to take lessons from me at the library as an excuse to ban me for LIFE.

She said she did not trust me. However I can only assume that "trust" was not to pass out more business cards, and it mean't "another" kind of trust :o because she said "she had to protect the children". Well that how I feel! :D

I am asking for some moral support. If any of you can find it in your heart to simply add your opinions to the comments on my Youtube Videos, I would greatly appreciate it.

Please note that some of the videos are silly and titled humorously. I was given the Jesus of Lakeland moniker last March when I took in a family of four that had just been evicted from their apartment and kept them safe and fed for almost a month. I think it's kind of cool. B) Some are serious and solicit human compassion.

Some of my Youtube videos are:

"KeKe is not Stupid"

"Banned! The Jesus of Lakeland reads to a child".

"The Chessmaster is hungry".

"The Chessmaster begs for Prosed DS".

"Ignorant Parents" Let your child learn chess!

Thank you to all who leave comments!

Oh, almost forgot. Thats an ESQ Venture I'm wearing.

George

post-7283-1245308457_thumb.jpg

Edited by georgegrasser

George - I think it is laudable that you are offering free chess instruction for kids at the library. However, these days, I would consider the librarian remiss if she allowed you to interact with children without having a 3rd-party on-hand to act as a legal chaperon. This is NOT to say you are guilty of anything. But, legally speaking, from the library's point of view, they have to be wary of adults who spend alot of time, on an informal basis, with children. If something were to happen, they may be held responsible & for that reason alone, they have little choice other than to limit you (though being banned for 'LIFE' does seem a bit extreme if you have not done anything wrong). Were it me, I think I would either acquire the appropriate state teaching credentials or teach virtually (online).

You might also contact Ferring Pharma to see if they can assist you with your prescription. 1-888-337-7464, Parsippany, NJ 07054, prosed.com.

George,

I agree- Your heart is in the right place, but in this day and age, folks are probably taking extra precautions and erroring on the safe side of things regarding adult interaction with kids. Speaking as a parent, I know I always get a little cautious when it comes to my own little pipsqueaks.

Did you approach the library from the start to let them know what your intent was up front?

I understand, but I had been doing it for a year and a half already. I have never been able to set up a chess board to study without being asked to play. Then I found I enjoyed teaching the kids.

Funny when I suggested Daniel Craig my be a risk to Omega, because of human failures I was accused of defamation.

I don't like the insinuation, just because I'm a middle aged male. Our youth must be taught, no matter what the parents might assume of me.

I appreciate your comments though!

Edited by georgegrasser

George,

Are there any local community centers in which you can volunteer your time to teach chess? That might provide you an outlet to teach and mentor, but with the understanding up front by faculty as to what will be taking place. If the understanding is there from the start, I think you'll have better success :)

Yes, I'm sure there is. I went to another branch of the library today. I did ask and was granted permission to teach a child that had set a previous appointment.

I'm just frustrated on so many levels. The lady that banned me should have gotten to know me. Had she, she would not have banned me. When I was young, nobody would teach me chess for free and were willing to take the allowance money out of my then teenage hands.

I pass out at least 100 cards and flyers a week with maybe a callback leading to a lesson once a month if that.

Thats frustrating, because those that do come find they like our club a lot.

My Youtube videos don't get enough hits, and even my best friends and fellow chess club members have not left any comments to my Youtube videos, which takes all of 10 seconds just to give me some support. Two friends I bought cars for! What ungratefulness! I should not have to ask a friend twice for support.

There is absolutely no reason for me to be kind, and yet I am. I feel like the biggest sucker ever.

Tomorrow just for a change of pace, I just might walk around saying "What are you looking at" to everyone I meet.

Because thats how I'm treated for the most part anyway.

George,

You are guilty until proven innocent, now watch the state run television and like it!

Your government approved reading material is on it's way, hope you like Oprah and Nancy Pelosi.

When paranoia overcomes common sense, ridiculous decisions are made, sounds like you are no exception. You would be better off, have more rights and more disposable income if you were a minnow in CA.

All the best!

G

I don't know about the States but here in Oz people who work with children now need full police clearances, it might pay you to contact the police and see if you can obtain such a clearance after which they issue you with a certificate or card of some sort.

Again there are many places where you could offer your services such as scout clubs, church groups and community service centers where there is always other adults on hand so the question of the children's security is not as much of an issue.

Both of the above may not be the preferred options for you but they are the little sacrifices we must make in today's society.

Ken

When paranoia overcomes common sense, ridiculous decisions are made

It's not just the US... this idiocy has landed Europe too.

Reminds me of an incident in my country when two kids (like 4 and 6) were lost... probably escaped from their home and for some reason they went walking to the highway. A very busy road and it was dark. They got ran over by a truck. Both died.

The boys' mother was crying in the public news that "Why nobody picked up those boys from the highway?"

But these days if you pick up little boys in your car, you're immediately a pedophile. You can barely talk to kids anymore.

What's the reality? Probably 1 out 50.000 people are pedophiles (Of course I have no stats, just an estimation). But at least 99% of people are decent.

The society is sick... it has become totally HYSTERICAL. Of course there are lunatics and perverts and the kids should be careful... but exaggerating the problem and treating good people like potential child abusers (without any kind of proof) is just unreal... and proves that something in the world has gone terribly wrong. I have worked in some rough places during the last 15 years... met some total arseholes and lowlifes... but even I still believe that people are basically decent.