When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tired Of The Confusion?

Bignasty

Alright I'm tired of seeing these movements being inaccurately identified. Maybe it comes from ignorance so I'm here to help alleviate that issue.

There are several ways to identify a 7750 movement. We all know there are at least three different models out there of this widely used movement. So no one buys a so called Swiss movement off of Ebay or worse buys one from here I've made this quick and easy tutorial.

1. Old Asian 7750 (AKA 7750a or 7750b) which runs at 21,600 vph. I personally have had no luck with this movement. I've owned three reps thus far with this movement and all 3 had issues.

102334-25932.jpg

2. Genuine ETA 7750 (AKA Valjoux 7750) which runs at 28,800 vph. I've only owned one of these but it ran and reset perfectly.

102334-25933.jpg

3. New Asian 7750 (AKA 7750b1) which runs at 28,800 vph. I currently own 2 of these movements. Both function properly and keep excellent time but other members have reported issues. Overall seems to be a bit more reliable than the previous Asian copies.

102334-25934.jpg

Alright so now I hope everyone knows which movement is which by simply glancing at a few pics.

Cheers,

Jon :victory:

How come I was able to use the non functioning regulator on the old style asian 7750 to get a 60 sec fast/day Broad Arrow down to +-5 sec/day???

I believe BigNasty was saying that the fancy arrow lever bit is only for show. The regulator still regulates though.

Very useful info - should be made a sticky. :)

Actually I like this suggestion but I wonder if it should be pinned here or in our knowledge base forum, I am going to discuss this in Admin and.....................I'll be back.

Ken