When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor submariner hands from Clark

klocklind1

Has any of You bought hands for Your submariner eta 2824/2836 movement from Clark ( see link ! ) ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hands-ETA-2824-2-White...%3A1%7C294%3A30

I ask because he says that they are lumed with real superlume ( and only costs 14,5 $ for a set !!! :D ) but I want to be sure BEFORE I buy them from him!

So have anyone here bought thoose hands and can verify that thay actually ARE superlumed ???

I really like Gary quite a lot and I do think he carries some great products. However, the one glaring issue with these hands (in my opinion) is the seconds hand and how short the tail is on it. If you were to mix/match the hour/min hands with a good seconds hand and have them relumed to match, I think you'd end up with a great set of hands. But the cost to do this would be a bit more than the $14.50 bargain...

I have a set in my desk drawer. I just put them under a light for 10 seconds and took them into a closet and I'd say they the lume is very good. Probably SL.

There is also cheap lume which glows just as bright initially. The power of SL lies in its duration to keep on glowing, even after a couple of hours.

I put a set on my 16800 franken and they are OK, but just a step below Ziggy's dial relume as far as overall brightness- however, I can still see them at 4am.

I did notice that www.mkii.com has a set of eta hands for $45- they are supposed to be SL also. Haven't tried those yet

Ubi, do you know who sells sets with correct shape/length hands? I noticed that some of these ETA sets have even wrong hour hand dimensions...

I really like Gary quite a lot and I do think he carries some great products. However, the one glaring issue with these hands (in my opinion) is the seconds hand and how short the tail is on it. If you were to mix/match the hour/min hands with a good seconds hand and have them relumed to match, I think you'd end up with a great set of hands. But the cost to do this would be a bit more than the $14.50 bargain...

mil- It's one of those crap shoots :) Most will have at least one hand out of the set that doesn't look right. Usually it's the hour hand, but I've been seeing quite a few seconds hands as well.

What's worse... Some sellers simply use the single stock photo that they have to represent their product, meanwhile the inventory they carry may change, either knowingly or not. Some sellers just don't notice any differences. We notice, because we're a knitpicky bunch :)

So, in my case, I just buy a couple sets from different sellers and try to piece together the best of the lot. In most cases, this works, but the risk for mismatched lume or overall shape (i.e. flat and curved hands), wrong length etc. is always a possibility.

Gen Tudor hands are probably the best bet, as you'll get a full set of correct hands that match in finish and lume, but a fair bit more expensive :wounded1: