When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally completed my UPO Mod Project!

danza1812

UPO with factory double AR (really good!) and gen dial and hands. Also has rep rubber strap which is very close to the original (i can say that with conviction having owned a gen)

I did the mods myself and I must say im pretty happy with myself right now, and soooo glad the wait is over.

Heres the finished product, ...

Picture116.jpg

Picture115.jpg

Picture113.jpg

Hmm what shall my next project be....?

Geat work Matt

The dial and hands fitted wihtout any kind of modding?

Non whatsoever, it seems the eta 2824 movement is exactly the same size as the genuine omega 2500, even the pegs on the back of the dial fit exactly into the holes in the movement. I couldnt believe I got the second hand on with the first attempt either!!

Non whatsoever, it seems the eta 2824 movement is exactly the same size as the genuine omega 2500, even the pegs on the back of the dial fit exactly into the holes in the movement. I couldnt believe I got the second hand on with the first attempt either!!

Thanks Matt...now i know what my next project will be!!!

John

Nothing like doing it yourself. Great job and it looks fantastic.

As for the 2824/2500 compatibility- The 2500 is based on the ETA 2892; the 2892 and the 2824 are both very close siblings with the 2892 superceding the older 2824 design. However you'll find that most movements within the 28xx family range share quite a bit of the same attributes. Hence why several parts can switch over (e.g. datewheel), etc.

Congrats on a great looking watch!

So this is about a $500 rep?

Another ~$100 for double AR?

yes scrubs fan :p

yeah if you look at it... upo with gen eta is arouuuuund 290 plus 223 for the dial... then around 50 for the hands. but the best mod anyone can do to an upo is get the gen tube/crown...that's around 40. Apparently the new 5th? gen upo's come with double AR...

so you're looking at around $600ish... and that's without cheif's AR... or superlume..

Edited by astrograph

Gen POs seem to go for $1600-1700 on TZ forums right now... sell the bracelet for $200-350 on ebay...

So for warranty + genuine + and working HE valve + cost of box and papers + Cal2500 movement + risk in reps, seems like its better to just save up for the gen in this case.

Edited by JohnDorian

So for warranty + genuine + and working HE valve + cost of box and papers + Cal2500 movement + risk in reps, seems like its better to just save up for the gen in this case.

Where's the fun in that?? ...It's all about the enjoyment of modding it yourself!

yes scrubs fan :p

yeah if you look at it... upo with gen eta is arouuuuund 290 plus 223 for the dial... then around 50 for the hands. but the best mod anyone can do to an upo is get the gen tube/crown...that's around 40. Apparently the new 5th? gen upo's come with double AR...

so you're looking at around $600ish... and that's without cheif's AR... or superlume..

Already done that and i couldn't agree more!!! :1a:

Gen POs seem to go for $1600-1700 on TZ forums right now... sell the bracelet for $200-350 on ebay...

For me te upo with mods is perfet, I love the PO but not quite enough to spend