Welcome to RWG - The original

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bart Cordell

A better 6538 project

87 posts in this topic
thanx guys! appreciated! I will keep you informed! i'am on holiday at the moment!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Subscribed as well.

767bf263ee26c8a1fe1322c2327ebecb.jpg3c0b8c64a0e14497105d928037c00999.jpg

1 person likes this

Bart that wrist picture is as good as it gets. With this watch you have made your Master Piece

1 person likes this

@Sogeha

Thank you mate !

I hope to make a better one soon. Found a new gold support and a new template is in preparation

Some years ago I had some small items gold plated by a working goldsmith. It was quite inexpensive and there are options of using a low carat gold or even an alloy of gold. Would it be an option to get a couple of dials plated like Tempus Machina do and see what they turn out like?

@Sogeha
A gold plating would be the best option. I need to find a jeweler who accept to make that for me.

Before you buy a gold plating device, make sure to research the chemicals. The ones that you need to do a good plating are very toxic and can kill you upon contact if handled improperly (Cyanide!). I speak from experience :rolleyes:

@Bart Cordell apologies for the delay emailing you back, I was quite busy traveling etc. over the past few months, I'll share some of my results with you soon.

@slay
Don't worry, I know we are all very busy.
I saw your dial in your last 6538 sale thread. What do you think of the template ?

Yes just read that gold plating is very toxic. I don't project to do it myself ;)

The listings I was looking at are for a gold plating service, which I think would be cheaper and safer for such a low volume. 

575200385a6ccfd93a4ebc4a7af794d0.jpga6440eee9291cba04f3478a569a52ae9.jpg

Lovely C!