When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pix's collection... (updt 6th jan 08)

Pix

You have an awesome and very original collection, Pix, congrats!

The VC Overseas, the PP, the Kalashnikov, and the Steelfish are particularly appealing to me.

Also great skill in taking Pix!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would add the PAM111, despite many flaws ;)

Eh, I may guess what you mean...

But even if I am a PAM fan I can appreciate the best of other brands, and you exactly picked up what I find gorgeous models.

(BTW: what many flaws?!?

Unless you really think of it as a 111 rather a 112. In this case, yes, there are some flaws... :lol: )

The watches you mentionned have indeed most of my wristtime, including the 112... :blush:

I really respect the fact that true watch lovers can appreciate any brand, any watch type, regardless of their replication accuracy/price.

We're all watchlovers before being rep lovers, aren't we ?

The watches you mentionned have indeed most of my wristtime, including the 112

Great minds think alike :D

We're all watchlovers before being rep lovers, aren't we ?

No doubt ^_^

:D

Thx !

I would add the PAM111, despite many flaws ;)

Pix, awesome collection! You should be a professional watch catalogue photographer. ;)

The one watch that immediately caught my attention, was the Tag Heuer SLR, which I'd like to buy for my Mercedes-owner dad. I read your detailed review on another thread, where you said:

That one came with a brushed SS bracelet, the same which is actually delivered with the TAG Link Chrono models.

Did Andrew customise it for you for the $118, or did you change the bracelet yourself? I think it looks much better with the SS than the leather band. I did read later that the black SLR is the only authentic one, but for that price, its looks are incomparable.

Hi vbarrett,

normally you get the SLR on a leather strap, which looks average as far as the brown is concerned. I guess the black looks better, as always.

You can ask Andrew to customize your SLR with a TAG Link bracelet : I know he did it for some other members too. You'll have to pay some 10 or 15 dollars more, but it really changes the look of the watch.

True, the one and only SLR is black : however it has an auto movement too. In our case, I would not look for accuracy in replication, but rather in the best looking watch.

It also seems that a new model (with 3 days date wheel) is available with a rubber strap. JFYI.

That is one great shinny collection :thumbsupsmileyanim: you are a true collector PIX, well organised and neat too

Thank you for sharing

Happy timekeeping

Gunnar Gran :)

(...) you are a true collector PIX, well organised and neat too (...)

You can't imagine how good I feel reading such compliments ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Two other watches on their way : a Seiko Orange Monster and a PVD coated UZI (Swiss Army style) : probably not so known, at least unknown for me until yesterday. Noticeable feature : it has Tritium vials instead of lume to glow in the dark... I can't stand waiting to see how one feels with radioactivity stuck on the wrist ! ^_^

Oh...and for reps, I bought my first woman's rep...

... for my wife :lol:

God bless all those dealers who still can supply us with affordable watches and reps. The day they all will cost 400 or more, I'm afraid I'll have to go back where I come from : the real world... :black_eye:

Updated on 29th june :

- withdrawn the Fila diver's watch : excellent finishing but 0 wristtime. Was some "sex appeal" missing ? ^_^

- added my newest Seiko Monster : the first "flashy" in my collection. Worth every penny. First shots with a black background. Thx PUG for the tips !

- updated the overview accordingly, with a larger resolution

I love your setup PIX :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You write:

Philippe PATEK 5070 White gold plated

Movement : copy of the Lemania Venus handwind (actually Seagull ST-19)

Should say:

Philippe PATEK 5070 White gold plated

Movement : Copy of the Venus 175 handwind Chronograph (actually Seagull ST-19, but often incorrectly described as a Lemania)

FYI: The incorrectly description of this a a Lemania movement is one of the oldest and most stubborn myths in the replica world

Fixed !

True that you can read a lot about this movement. At least we all know that the movement is a chinese Sea-Gull. I still had difficulties to understand the relation between Venus and Lemania, if any.

Venus and Lemania are not related..forget Lemania in replicas :)

• 2 weeks later...

- updated on 14th july with an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak

Well, it seems calming down is an impossible mission.

Also updated the second overview, although the Vacheron Constantin Overseas is missing in action : currently being out for "maintenance"...

• 2 weeks later...

Update on 27th July

Well it seems I'm entering Step 2 in my collection : it's been more than 2 monthes that I did not increase my watches amount : just swapping, reorganizing, and I like the results more and more. :)

- Welcoming my new Tissot PRS-516, for which I had to sell 2 watches : my Seiko Orange Monster ; orange was surely "too much" for me. And also the JLC Master Compressor : well, I loved it's "Seventies" look with its racing strap. But I love the PRS' one even more ! :D

- Updated the global views accordingly

My Vacheron Overseas still out for maintenance... Hopefully it should be back home early August ! :hands:

And still no 7750... Any rational explanation ? ;)

PS : don't flame me on the Casio : it's the one I wear for swimming or gardenning or whatever might harm my watches... :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Updated on 15th August

- added an inexpensive HBB RG...Well, it's full of flaws against the gen / high end rep, but as I can't and don't want to afford 700 USD++ in one single rep, I found this to be a good way to have a nice looking watch on my wrist. I'm very satisfied with it indeed : the finishing is correct (don't look robust actually, but OK), the Quartz movement is for me the right alternative to a faux-chrono, and the "wow" from some colleagues show that the HBB design is indeed a special one, and that noone (at least in my neighbourhood) have any clue of what Hublot is.

I just would like to mention the price, as it's really remarkable : 41 GBP shipped, i.e. around 82 dollars. About half of the cheapest Faux-chrono from our dealers. :huh:

- updated the overview accordingly.

Still waiting for my Overseas to come back. I miss it ! Really....

Updated 22nd August with my new Breitling Navitimer Quartz : believe it or not, it's an incredible watch for the price. Quartz for sure, but that does not make it look cheap at all. Perfect matching with my spare Breitling leather strap :D

• 3 weeks later...

Updated on 8th september

- added my latest Omega Seamaster : a damn good bargain.

Small review and more pictures here.

- withdrawn the HBB Quartz : it was close to good. Unfortunately the RG plating was not satisfying for me. Hope to find the same in SS colour...or that the 7750 version gets reasonably priced -_-

- updated the 2 overview to a higher definition

My VC Overseas is repaired and on its way back... I feel better now ^_^

I start enjoying the result more and more, although still far from the collections of some of our esteemed members.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New update today, 14th october

- finally I managed to make two new overall shots, as my beloved Overseas came back some days ago

- added the light HBB version : maybe lite, but a damn chunky watch, with excellent finishing. This is my first 7750 ever

You'll see on the pics that a PP Nautilus and a B&R 01-92 joined recently too :)

These will be reviewed asap.

I'm particularly exited about the B&R, as I ordered a custom made strap from Gasgasbone (strap maker on RWI)