When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Breitling Superocean Heritage released by Silix

piratedzeus

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just asked Silix if there is going to be a Asian movment version just like the SFSO and he has replied and said 'YES'

Same case, crystal etc.. just Asian movement, not sure about the AR though but still

Brilliant!

Silix will have the same case.. but there will be another replication made from a genuine heritage.. worth the wait ... IMHO after seeing the differences in the rep from silix and the genuine pics.. the Rep. made from genuine will be out shortly (hopefully) and it should be double AR as the SOSF is

everyone already knows but I believe this is a remake of the 1957 model

correct measurements are 46mm and 38 mm

There is something about it that reminds me of the Blancpain fifty fathoms,,,,not eactly it but close enough. It will be interesting to see what the overal case quality, bezel quality is....I admit it is tempting.

Exactrly what I thought when I tried them on two minutes apart at the AD. I was sort of hoping they'd rep the FF so I could buy the rep rep of the 10k watch and maybe a gen bronze dial of the $2500 wwatch but that would make far too much sense for our repmaking pals.

On edit: looks OK, but there's definitely going to be better versions of this. This one has the usual low-end/first gen flaws--a horrible crown, bad dial print, rough caseback engravings, etc. But if they do a spot-on version for $300 bucks or so, it's a must buy.

Actually .. can we call the soon to be released replication of the genuine SOH the "second generation" ? as it is 2 totally different makers and the current release is replicated using only pics and the upcoming release of the SOH is being made with the genuine as copy.. is only a couple months away.

This may be just a play on semantics.. (1st generation - 2nd generation) but IMO ... I would rather opt for the rep. that is made from a genuine than that of one being made by drawings or pictures ... why would the collectors who are going to sell the replica made from genuine as copy sell another makers rep that was made from pics before the release of their original goal?... it would be like defeating the whole purpose of "product development" .. needless to say pissing customers off ... and not recouping their investment in the genuine copy... just food for thought.. :rolleyes:

Brown and blue dial colours are way off... clasp is totally incorrect (not engraved) and crown is too round, case back ... stay tuned ;) ... Patience

GENUINE PICS

post-2172-1201139212_thumb.jpg ..... correct straps and bracelet (woven steel) wonder if they will rep this..would be cool

post-2172-1201139246_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1201139724_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1201139754_thumb.jpg... big difference in the genuine crown

post-2172-1201139793_thumb.jpg .. quite a difference **** correct measurements are 46 mm and 38 mm

post-2172-1201139830_thumb.jpg ... Breitling emblem is not engraved

post-2172-1201140087_thumb.jpg.... another view of the crown

IMHO.. i would see what the replication made with the genuine copy will look like, i'd like the divers strap and the woven steel .. leather is the same as SOSF..

First, it is hard to compare colors from pictures, as we all know they will vary from camera to camera, from lightsource to lightsource (as long as both genuine and replica aren't in the same picture). As for the clasp, as you say yourself, they did not rep the heritage rubberstrap. Nor the metal beanbracelet. A leatherstrap has its usual Breitling clasp. I would buy a genuine strap anyway, as Breitling does not charge too much for rubberstraps.

The crown looks pretty spot on to me, but would need to compare it in detail - at least from same angles.

What I really don't understand is why you complain the size - one model is 46mm (the one Silix copied), the other is 38mm.

Silix writes on his site the measures of this replica were 46mm (diametre) x 55mm (lug to lug) x 12mm (thickness).

The gen is 13mm in thickness, but the rest seems good to me?

First, it is hard to compare colors from pictures, as we all know they will vary from camera to camera, from lightsource to lightsource (as long as both genuine and replica aren't in the same picture). As for the clasp, as you say yourself, they did not rep the heritage rubberstrap. Nor the metal beanbracelet. A leatherstrap has its usual Breitling clasp. I would buy a genuine strap anyway, as Breitling does not charge too much for rubberstraps.

The crown looks pretty spot on to me, but would need to compare it in detail - at least from same angles.

What I really don't understand is why you complain the size - one model is 46mm (the one Silix copied), the other is 38mm.

Silix writes on his site the measures of this replica were 46mm (diametre) x 55mm (lug to lug) x 12mm (thickness).

My sentiments too...

Who's complaining ?? just information.... this is not meant for you to take personally...... but if you feel this way .. answer is simple.. "buy it" .. do a review to share your findings... if you feel so stongly that this rep is good... BUY IT.... the choice is yours as it is everyone elses.

Who's complaining ?? just information.... this is not meant for you to take personally...... but if you feel this way .. answer is simple.. "buy it" .. do a review to share your findings... if you feel so stongly that this rep is good... BUY IT.... the choice is yours as it is everyone elses.

Nothing is taken personally here.

Just participating in the discussion. Right? :)

I am in the camp of folks very glad to see this one being repped. With a Blancpain heritage in styling and a nice large size I am excited. I had always wanted the real 50 Fathoms but with the price of the gen and the sizing it was not going to happen. When I first saw this one as a gen I immediately thought this was a great copy opportunity and a beautiful watch. Have a nice weekend all. :)

I could confirm on one thing, this rep is made from a genuine Heritage the watchmaker bought. I have not seen it yet, but the watchmaker will give it to me in a few days, and I will take some pics post in this forum, so we could have better comparison side by side. And if possible, we will arrange a review by member from this forum as well. We want our customers to be well informed. And I will reflect the opinions here to the watchmaker as well, to see if he could improve on his own 1st gen. The rubber strap will be available soon, I heard, also repped from a gen strap. For all these effort, I give credit to this watchmaker, we need more watchmakers trying on all the models, so we could have great reps at affordable price, instead of being controled by a handful of greedy dealers. When the new version of Heritage comes out, we will try our best to offer it at good price as well, we do not just offer this Heritage.

From a person who has a genuine, this is a pretty good rep. I only saw a few flaws from the quick comparison with the pictures. The font on the 15, 30, 45, 60 is a little off and the wrong color on the rep; the date font is a little off, it looks like the rep has a recessed cannon pin (but it cold be the angle); and the biggest the the short lugs. The crown looks a little different, but no one is going to notice, it looks a little more rounded than the gen which is more square. Finally, the lume "dots" on the dial look like they have little circles around them on the rep and the gen has nothing like that, just the lume. Pretty nice rep if you ask me. :o

Exactly what this forum IS for mate. ;)

Exactly my point ... do we only point out flaws on certain collectors watches?? or is this an open forum no matter who the collector ?? or is it more about "Politics"

@ Silix.....As Far as the "Greedy Collectors" comment .. was that necessary?.. it was never mentioned who was releasing the Heritage replication ..would you like to name these collectors/ as you are a collector yourself .. i don't find that very ethical to start name calling other collectors..

To pay 250 usd plus shipping for a rep with these many flaws,and it seems that the members making comments about how good this rep is, buy watches with these many flaws all the time .. if it was other collectors, would certain members be calling "rip off" ?? I am not in any way implying that this is what this rep is, but if the comments "defending " this rep isn't politically motivated.. then drawing attention to flaws should be done straight across the board and not favoring any collector or collectors ... it then becomes not an open forum but agenda and politically motivated one.

but one thing is for sure, if the 2 members feel that this is such a great rep and good buy then I look forward to your reviews on this, that is if you are actually going to buy something and not just joust.... unless this is just another exercise in rhetoric...and if it is, then i guess I'm just waisting my time on this thread..

Exactly my point ... do we only point out flaws on certain collectors watches?? or is this an open forum no matter who the collector ?? or is it more about "Politics"

@ Silix.....As Far as the "Greedy Collectors" comment .. was that necessary?.. it was never mentioned who was releasing the Heritage replication ..would you like to name these collectors/ as you are a collector yourself .. i don't find that very ethical to start name calling other collectors..

To pay 250 usd plus shipping for a rep with these many flaws,and it seems that the members making comments about how good this rep is, buy watches with these many flaws all the time .. if it was other collectors, would certain members be calling "rip off" ?? I am not in any way implying that this is what this rep is, but if the comments "defending " this rep isn't politically motivated.. then drawing attention to flaws should be done straight across the board and not favoring any collector or collectors ... it then becomes not an open forum but agenda and politically motivated one.

but one thing is for sure, if the 2 members feel that this is such a great rep and good buy then I look forward to your reviews on this, that is if you are actually going to buy something and not just joust.... unless this is just another exercise in rhetoric...and if it is, then i guess I'm just waisting my time on this thread..

I don't point out flaws on certain collector's watches. Definately not (in fact I bought from almost every dealer on this board). I read your post and disagreed. Still do. Thats all.

Relax man, it's not all conspiracy. Maybe I'll review this watch, maybe someone else does. I made my point and you made yours. Can we stick to that?

If you still want to accuse me in any way being "political", feel free to pm me. This is not the little white lies thread (where I never participated, btw).

Edited by Seadweller4000

From a person who has a genuine, this is a pretty good rep. I only saw a few flaws from the quick comparison with the pictures. The font on the 15, 30, 45, 60 is a little off and the wrong color on the rep; the date font is a little off, it looks like the rep has a recessed cannon pin (but it cold be the angle); and the biggest the the short lugs. The crown looks a little different, but no one is going to notice, it looks a little more rounded than the gen which is more square. Finally, the lume "dots" on the dial look like they have little circles around them on the rep and the gen has nothing like that, just the lume. Pretty nice rep if you ask me. :o

Thanks for this description man... I will borrow it for the Breitling Guide (which, of course needs updating now). :)

I think lots here will greatly appreciate if you could post pics of your gen, mate... ^_^