When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tiffany?

x2crazy4shadyx

I too had been told that ruby was the way to go for Tiffany. Emailed her twice, no response. Shrug. No business then.

sash5's Tiffany prices are definitely on the high side, even including delivery. But fair play to him, he's finding his niche and as he says, it's difficult for him to know what the other dealers here are already offering. Even with watches, some dealers offer on price, others on service. There seems to be a home for everyone.

I hope somebody as some point really gets a handle on the fashion stuff because there's certainly the market for a trusted source.

:)

you may find that prices for decent sterling jewelry are somewhat higher now as a result of the doubling in silver prices, but this would add only about $5-10/oz to the cost, and most pieces are not more than a few oz. weight.

as for ruby, her jewelry was not even solid sterling, but rather silver plated, and fairly rough at that... i had an experienced jeweler evaluate several pieces and he just laughed... quite an embarrassing experience.

you may find that prices for decent sterling jewelry are somewhat higher now as a result of the doubling in silver prices, but this would add only about $5-10/oz to the cost, and most pieces are not more than a few oz. weight.

as for ruby, her jewelry was not even solid sterling, but rather silver plated, and fairly rough at that... i had an experienced jeweler evaluate several pieces and he just laughed... quite an embarrassing experience.

did you e-mail her and tell her? she will want to know about this. tell her what you found out.

did you e-mail her and tell her? she will want to know about this. tell her what you found out.
this is the first time i have heard a complaint on rubys tiffany. below is a reveiw that is pretty much the norm of what we hear about the quality of her peices.

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?p=57288#57288

Edited by hk45ca

hk,

yes, i provided ruby with a detailed rundown of the problems with her jewelry. i'm not angry with her, i was just very disappointed with the quality. she's nice to deal with and tries very hard, but the fact is that her tiffany jewelry is of very poor quality and not wearable by people who normally buy the real thing. i can buy better quality from mexican suppliers like taxco. if this is the first time you've heard this, it is because you haven't looked very hard...

hk,

yes, i provided ruby with a detailed rundown of the problems with her jewelry. i'm not angry with her, i was just very disappointed with the quality. she's nice to deal with and tries very hard, but the fact is that her tiffany jewelry is of very poor quality and not wearable by people who normally buy the real thing. i can buy better quality from mexican suppliers like taxco. if this is the first time you've heard this, it is because you haven't looked very hard...

yes, this is the first time i have heard this. all of the reviews i have read have been similar to the one i refered to. i don't read all of the reviews but i do try to read them as much as i can. i have not bought any of it but i take your word for it. i don't know anything about tiffany jewelry but the hand bags and watches i have bought are very nice. it is very good that you told her so she will know what type of products people here are expecting. these are things she should defiantly be aware of.

i've purchased tiffany jewelry from ruby and was not impressed... it would not pass as genuine among anyone who knows the real stuff. it might satisfy buyers of jewelry from bubble gum machines :lol:

this is interesting... is it really that easy to tell? i have contemplated buying some tiffany reps from ruby... cos i thought it is pretty easy to replicate... pretty much just silver and a few engravings... what kind of tells are there in the rep?

If I rememember correctly, watchwatcher's jeweler said that Ruby's stuff was aluminum with silver plating, and it was "roughly finished". Is that correct, watchwatcher?

At the time watchwatcher posted his review and experience regarding Ruby's Tiffany offerings, I was also contemplating acquiring a few of Ruby's Tiffany pieces. I like the Atlas series.

I contacted her after reading watchwatcher's review, as politely as possible mentioning that someone had taken her items to a jewelry expert who said they were not very good quality, mentioning specifics, and she basically denied this, pretty much defended her pricing and shippiing costs, which are not inconsequential.

She didn't offer me any enticement to try her out, so I decided not to, based on watchwatcher's review. I thought it would be a waste of money.

this is interesting... is it really that easy to tell? i have contemplated buying some tiffany reps from ruby... cos i thought it is pretty easy to replicate... pretty much just silver and a few engravings... what kind of tells are there in the rep?

rek is correct. i paid by WU and the S&H was fairly high. but that would not have mattered if the quality was good.

as for 'tells' or flaws... 1) silver is heavier than aluminum 2) rough means that seams and welds were left rough not polished away, weld seams are a dead give away on a bracelet, as tiffany polishes away welds and seams so that each link appears completely fused 3) there are many pieces of tiffany that have ornate figures (e.g. daisy pendant or earrings), however in addition, tiffany's signature pieces by Paloma Picasso and Elsa Peretti are generally freeform or organic (e.g. 'teardrop pendent or bracelet') If you buy an elsa peretti teardrop bracelet from tiffany, the bracelet looks like a string of .... um, sterling silver tear drops. The rep looks like a string of small squished jelly beans...

hey, you never know, maybe i'm just picky... but it certainly isn't going to fool anyone.

Edited by Watchwatcher

All this of course is moot as Ruby is not one of RWG's dealers so really her reviews should be on RWI.

As previously stated we do in fact have a dealer offering quality Tiffany and it may pay to have a closer look at sash5's offerings.

Ken