When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Royal Oak From Jos- Quick And Dirties...

ubiquitous

There are some slight flaws, but the only thing that really bugs me is the transition from the case to the bracelet. There is a pretty large step there; the transition should be nice and even.

Perhaps the edges of the lugs can be slightly milled to even out the step...

that would bug me too. How big is your wrist?

Does it seem like the same case as the Nick Faldo? I don't have an issue with the step off with the case to bracelet on my NF.

I'm trying to think back to my old Faldos- It's been a year or so since I owned one, so my memory is a bit fuzzy. The case seems to be quite similar from memory; particularly in the way that it wears. I need to measure it, but overall, it is quite nice, and the profile is quite thin.

that would bug me too. How big is your wrist?

My wrist is 6.83" in diameter.

Is it heavy?

For it's size, it's got a very nice weight to it. It's quite substantial for case and bracelet of rather slim dimensions. I'll need to weigh it on the scale the next time I'm at the P.O.

For the first time in quite a while, I'm wearing something different than my Franken Daytona. I'm usually used to having to mod my watches, but this is one I think I'll leave alone.

The bracelet and case are well finished; nice crisp edges, clean transitions between brushed and polished surfaces, and the dial is exquisite, especially when the light catches the bezel to contrast with the iridescence of the blue dial (which appears black in certain low light conditions).

I'm thinking I need to buy a spare of this watch... And perhaps soem of the other dial colors as well...

:)

I got mine almost a week ago and I'm not all that impressed with it to be very honest. It just doesn't hold up to the genuine IMHO, as the lugs are not as well finished as the genuine and there is a clear difference in quality of the bracelet, etc. The bracelet also fails to taper to the level of the genuine and therefore fits worse than the RO 15300 which is considerably larger. It binds my small wrist and is very uncomfortable for me to wear.

However, the dial is very nice and the bezel on mine is perfect, but it looks like I'm going to have to do some swapping around with an old Fondation rep I have lying in my drawer back home.

My overall rating: 7/10 (Marred by the poor construction of the bracelet and the giveaway incorrect lugs)

LOL!

Sure... It could be better. But we're talking REP here! For the money... It's a great buy. Sure, there are some flaws... But what rep doesn't have flaws? Overall, it's finished quite well, considering the many different facets of the case, bezel and bracelet.

BTW... Bracelet fits me just fine... No binding, and is quite comfortable to wear...