When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Avitt DLC / PVD Reference Thread

Guest avitt

Guest avitt

I realize that I've been providing DLC coating service for quite a while now, and have made quite a few post in that time. I thought it might be a good idea to pull together an index of all the relevant threads. I'll update the list going forward...

I'd also invite anyone who has a piece that I've coated to post pics here. This would probably also be a good spot to ask any questions about DLC (I might pull together a FAQ later).

Here's the list (in approximately reverse chronological order):

Spectacular Pre-V 5218-203/A

Über Franken PAM04B, with DLC treated to be a perfect match for Vintage PVD

5218-202/A with "Vintagized" DLC...The Best of Both Worlds

DLC for your Pre-V Pam?

A few DLC'd Gens: Milgauss, Breitling, Marathon SAR

Super Badass DLC'd DSSD

Best of the Best Bell & Ross BR01-92

DLC Coated Genuine Daytona Case and Bezel

DLC Coated Genuine Rolex Sub and Bracelet

DLC Coated Seiko Case

Transformation of Seiko "Beater"

DLC Coating of a Polished Case (Genuine Silverstein Chrono)

A comparison of DLC and TiAlN coatings

Complete, Start to Finish Coating Job on a Genuine PAM 000

DLC Coated Chronographs: PAM 196 with Painted Bezel, and Breitling Skyland

Salvaging a project that has gone wrong...

DLC/PVD Removal and Recoating

DLC Coating Bracelets: The Skyland Blacksteel

DLC fix for A7750 seconds-at-six problem

More PAM case pics, with buckle and crown

DLC Reference Pictures: PAM Cases

DLC Coated BR03-92

Bead-blasting of a B&R

DLC Hardness Demo on Youtube

More pics of the Hamilton, with Chieftang AR

My first effort: The Hamilton GMT from Dec, 2007

• 4 months later...

I'm awaiting my return of a 202a project bead blasted and PVD'd by Panerai's source (the gen).. it went up North.. got a FGD dial and genuine OEM pvd kruzer crown.. can't wait to see the results :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Oooo...Neither can I! Let us know when it get's here.

I'm doing the same piece. Self-lumed FGD dial...T-48 crown...rare early case, with perfect Pre-V lug shape...Pre-V screw bars...genuine bezel...self-engraved, sew-in Logo buckle...Frogman PAV99 strap, Jakob case back...And of course, my DLC!

We'll have to compare, when they're all done :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here another refurbishment project. This one took quite a while to complete, but worked out well in the end.

Now a DLC'd Ball watch is not too noteworthy, since they have several factory DLC coated models in their line...But this one seems pretty special once you see the before and after photos...

Before:

img6089l.jpg

img6091t.jpg

img6093.jpg

After:

img6745c.jpg

img6748l.jpg

img6751l.jpg

Hey T one of the outlets for Marathon watches is right down the street from me... Ever since you posted pics of that blasted and DLC'd SAR I've been itching to get in there and get one. Hopefully not too long from now, and then it'll on its way down south for the works!

PS Love that Ball too. VERY sharp!

Thanks, all!

I'd never heard of Ball before seeing these pics. I guess I don't spend enough time on gen forums. This one looks very IWCish to me, and that integrated bezel is very slick... Pics are great too, BTW. I'll bet bead blasted, AR coated watches are a joy to photog. ;)

Ball is one of those secondary, "high value" Swiss lines. I put them in the same category as Oris, Fortis, and Hamilton. One of Ball's trademark features is the use of Tritium tubes (you can see them in the pics above, even on the subdial hands).

...and yes, these high contrast, matte finished, AR watches are a breeze to photograph!

A couple pics of my Gen PO with Avitt's DLC.

I can't say enough good things about Tony, a very nice guy to deal with.

Thank you very much, pafre! That PO really came together beautifully! :thumbsupsmileyanim: