When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Transformed from RED to WHITE

Cats

Omega did a great job on my troublesome 1680 .

Great crown guard job , lugs drilled to accept gen spring bars , gen crown , gen tube , gen insert.

I asked him to relume the red dial and hands with SL. He warned me that it's not quit the vintage look and that if it was my wish he would do it.

I liked to result but after a few weeks it started to annoy me.

After the GTG in Brussels I was convinced that it had to change in a white 1680. I also decided that I wanted an old MBW Singer dial for it.

A few weeks passed and I found the solution a old school MBW Singer dial vintige lumed markers and hands and a matt finish was the solution.

Here are some quick and dirty pictures ( still haven

Thanks guys i'm enjoying my white beauty more and more every minute.

I was surfing some vintage gen sides and discovered that the lume on my 1680 white is almost the same as the gen :1a:

Archimede since you like the RED i have the dial still available in the parts section :rolleyes:

Carpe Diem

Cats

Thanks guys i'm enjoying my white beauty more and more every minute.

I was surfing some vintage gen sides and discovered that the lume on my 1680 white is almost the same as the gen :1a:

Archimede since you like the RED i have the dial still available in the parts section :rolleyes:

Carpe Diem

Cats

Thanks Cats, now I go to see, while you do enjoy my gen 1680 in white.

post-22253-1246572270_thumb.jpg

post-22253-1246572387_thumb.jpg

post-22253-1246572692_thumb.jpg

Edited by Archimede

You made the right choice Cats!

The white is so sweet!

Yours looks stunning to me.

Now, one question though: why do you always want SL on your vintage watches? (If I remember, MM made one for you too).

You should try a less "new" look once. I'm sure you'll love it.

Thanks again to all.

Tribal i do like the lume job a lot because it's done by one of the masters in reluming ;)

Stephane i was thinking about your question why i did choose for SL after having a beautifull 1665 DRSD done by the MM with vintage lume.

The reason is ( i think ) that i like the 1680 and 1665 models a lot , but i also want my watches to be usefull during night time and in the darksness.

Omega tried to convince me that i shouldn't lume it with SL but i didn't listento him.

Afterwards i came to the conclusion that the RED dial was way of in it self and that the lume gave a green hue when wearing it in the sun.

So the best solution was an old singer white dial with a vintage lume

Carpe Diem

Cats