When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New or re-release 40mm PAM's

Mickey Padge

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh goody! I just sold my gen 48 last week... so I've been hoping to find some rep 40mm PAMs. I got a silix 49 delivered yesterday and it's a bit rough. Most noticeable issue is the lug holes are drilled crooked! The holes sit right on the edge of the upper part of the lug!

Ti case is a definite plus for these

DW can be changed - Leo (over at RG) is working on that one

Markers while somewhat closer to the rehaut when compared to gen are still acceptable (IMHO) especially when considering that this is a 40mm version so the difference would be minute

someone should take one for the team and do a review

Is the black 168 dial/silver sub dials a fantasy? I think its the nicest one, certainly the most modern.

I also had the old 7750 40mm version (bought from Homer in UK back in the day) and just like others, regret selling it.

you mean this one?

PAM 052 - Unique Edition of 500 pieces - this one would be great since no need to worry about DWs

pam5201.jpg

IMHO both Regatta and AMG suck ballz

there are a number of better 40mm chronos that i hope will follow this initial re-launch (including the one above)

PAM 189 - Unique Edition - 200 pieces

pam18901.jpg

PAM 072 - I especially like these last 2

pam7201.jpg

PAM 060 - Unique Edition - 300 pieces

pam6001.jpg

no, the black face with red chrono needle, and the number font is different. I have searched the internet and not been able to find an original varient.

23158008.jpg

By thxuk at 2009-07-08

Courtesy of Paneristi.. ref 108

pam_108_3.jpg

pam_108_6.jpg

What a stunner!

EDIT: Some of Panerai's nicest contemporary models have been in the 40mm size! Looking at the back catalogue of special editions is drool worthy! Love the red hand :)

I have one of the old 168 Regatta's on steel bracelet and it wears beautifully on a 6.5" wrist.

I've been studying Joshua's website and the specs for the chronographs say the bracelet is all SS.

With the case being Ti and no Ti in the bracelet, the case and bracelet don't match well, the Ti lugs against the SS bracelet does not look right.

I really dislike that AMG PAM. Something about that red chrono hand and numbers 1 - 11 being not regular panerai font takes away from the classiness of the watch, makes it look cheap IMHO

They should however rep the new style bracelet already - it is a LOT better than the current one

paneraipam296bracelet.jpg

I have to disagree that the new style bracelet is better than the old one. I have seen many on the gen (newer version that is). It just doesn't look as well crafted and well blended onto the watch as what the old bracelet did. The new bracelet is a single piece construction on each link, leaving it not so possible for Ti/SS combo.