When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New or re-release 40mm PAM's

Mickey Padge

Have a peak:

http://www.jpc8118.com/0244b-p-6681.html

http://www.jpc8118.com/0244c-p-6682.html

http://www.jpc8118.com/0244-p-6679.html

http://www.jpc8118.com/0244a-p-6680.html

Have they started reproducing the 40mm PAM line? B)

18023685.jpg

No info posted on the links yet, just pictures, they may not be 40mm......

Cheers! :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks 40mm to me (check out the open caseback) and the colour looks like Ti on the Regatta.

I have a 196 and the distance of chrono pusher to the end of the lug appears larger on the 44mm model. So this is most likely an updated version of the long lost PAM168 (used to be in steel).

If this is in Ti/Steel combo, I am so all over it.

Edited by takashi

I'll wait for someone to be the test dummy...if they are awesome I'll get one of the 40mm for my wife ;)

Someone actually married you?!? ;)

Welcome Novesh, to a forum where I actually have a few more posts than you, but I'm sure that won't last long :)

Hopefully these will use a 7750 movement. Those old 40mm PAMs that have the 7750 movements are something I have been looking for. Hope fully they get everything close to being right. I would love a 40mm.

Too bad they dont rep the 244, that is an awesome watch.

finally someone thought about those with smaller wrists :band1::1a::clap2:

definitely gettin that 048....it looks shweet....get it vac-ed, throw a proper DW on it, trim that CG pin and it'll be a "super rep" :bounce::kicking:

hopefully other 40mm chronos ( like 052;072;189; 215 :wub: ) will show up in the future (honestly not feeling the regatta or the amg :nono::shocking: )

The L swiss 6 made L placement on the PAM050 dial suggest a K series model. It should have the roller ball at CG lever, Quick release button at the lugs and correct caseback (I think the pic of the caseback show a C series which is incorrect).

Caseback on the PAM168 is correct this time. The previous version has stainless steel engraved on the caseback which was incorrect.

Edited by jitai

I had a gen 168 a few years ago and always regretted selling it. They used a 7753 in the real one but the DW looks awful in the pics but the dial colour looks fairly close. Here is a pic I found showing the gen with the rep of the time. I will try and find some better pics I have somewhere.

pan1680040aj.jpg

i just picked up a 40mm (048)from Trevor. It is nice actually. Got a new panatime strap... it's her bday present and she loves it.

It's not the most accurate rep, but it's nothing that our modders can't fix. :)

Some pics:

3695369319_617bef0d9a_o.jpg

3696179120_af679dec55_o.jpg

:wub:

could someone please remind me which website is Trevors?

The 168 still has the wrong color DW. It should be blue. I have it and love it....but wish it had the blue date wheel. Also the dial color is off. Fortunately, there are so few, nobody would know it outside of the panerati.

BTW, the 40mm with the bracelet wears big.

Based on watcher's picture, the DW is black or not?

Yes, the blue dial can be hit and miss and I think it's a bit miss on this one. Agree, 40mm wears big on bracelet. Tried the gen before and I thought how on earth can I pull this in 44mm standard size. For my wrist, 44mm always with leather, 40mm can be on bracelet. Anyway, does the gen bracelet has Ti/SS combo or is it fully SS? The rep seems to come with full SS, unlike the discontinued 44mm PAM192.

Just some observations on the 048

Trying to be J or K series with roller wheel

But dial is before I series since it is missing 9 o'clock hour marker

Date aperture looks small, DW is recessed and with a small font

This won't mod well

I have the gen

My 0.02

Edited by Jurgenk

Gen bracelet is Ti/SS on a gen 168 as far as I can tell. Also, the shape of the pushers is is less angular and more curved like and of course the recessed DW with the wrong color and font. I'm guessing these will be in the $268-288 range from the usual suspects.